BOTM 3/14: Maker's Mark

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally had my first MM the other day - unfortunately, I found it quite astringent and bland.  To me at least, Weller Special Reserve is twice as good at half the price.

• 9 months later...

Maker's Mark was what got me started on my bourbon journey. While my taste has moved on I still have kind of a soft spot for it, but when I'm at the store there are so many other options that go for less than MM's low $30's price tag. I lump this one in the same boat as Knob Creek. I like them both (Knob Creek is one of my favorites), but I seldom buy a bottle. One or both of these is usually on the top shelf of most restaurants so I drink them while out. Plus my friends and family who gift me bourbon can always pick out the red wax top and know they're getting me something I'll enjoy. Due to this fact, I have several 375ml bottles in reserve and enjoy them from time to time. As for the 46, I liked it but it goes in the mid-$40's here. I do have the cask strength offerings on my "to try" list. 

8 hours ago, BDanner said:

* * * * * I do have the cask strength offerings on my "to try" list. 

Quite a few of us started with, or early on switched to, MM then drifted away.  The Cask Strength has gotten good reviews from many of us lately (jncluding me, not that I'm special or anything B)).  I'm interested in what you think.

• jbutler unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.