Razor Blades

Cards fan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

post-10513-14489820587707_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure where to post this exactly, but I found a few packs of old razor blades with bourbon advertising (8 year old Barton and Kentucky gentleman). I thought someone else may want to see them or be curious like I was.

Edited by p_elliott

Nifty! I've never seen anything like these.

They look like distiller give-aways. One way to advertise would be to send a few boxes to a hotel where they'd set them up at the front desk for men who needed a fresh blade.

Cool. I have a few similar items, including an IW Harper lighter and a deck of Early Times Cards.

Cards Fan,

Thanks very much for posting that picture. I used to collect straight razors and old double-edge razors (of the sort that would use the blades you found) and I've never before seen boxes of blades with bourbon advertising on them. Great find!

Cards Fan,

Thanks very much for posting that picture. I used to collect straight razors and old double-edge razors (of the sort that would use the blades you found) and I've never before seen boxes of blades with bourbon advertising on them. Great find!

Hey no problem! I collect the safety razors too. I shave with an old gillette I bought at an antique store (new blades of course). I have a few old straight razors I've had sharpened but haven't taken the plunge into using them.

What about you? Still have your collection? Do you shave with them?

What about you? Still have your collection? Do you shave with them?

I'm selling off most of my straight razor collection and keeping just a few for use. Almost all of them are in shave-ready condition, though, and I did use them for years. I collected and used all kinds of old straights -- American, German, Swedish, Spanish, French... even a couple of Polish blades, and all in varying sizes and grinds. After a while, I found the ones that work best for me, and they're all I need. If I can be of any assistance to you as you start shaving with a straight razor, certainly send me a PM. It can be a little nerve-wracking at first, but it's fun.

• 3 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.