What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A low pour of ETL followed by my first pour of FC6yo. FC just moved up to the top of my opens list. Taste and value, it just edges out the ETL by being less hot and more flavorful (medium body, good caramel). I hope that wasn't just a first-sip infatuation. I haven't seen any HH bonded bourbons here, but FC may fill that slot well enough.

Edited by MauiSon

Pour of VOF started the night with a nightcap of Chartreuse following that.

Lot a fine drinking from the grow to kick spring off right!

B

It's natural to be wary of what the future holds for our bourbon world but really, what a time, right now, to also have so much variety and great bourbons at our disposal.

I started out the week heavily loaded with different picks and ages of all delicious and spicy Smooth Amblers.

First, last night, was a 4R-OESO-113.8 proof and 10.5 year private pick full of carmel, toffee and berries...a complex beauty. Then the Stagg Jr., my pick for most underrated bourbon of last year. With the right amount of water I find it a wonderful and balanced showoff example of all the tasty flavors the BT #1 mash bill brings. Last, but not least, as it does better in small doses for my palate, the Barterhouse...what a nose, so much wood and other aged flavors, but so little bitterness. In spite of the marketing hype, another classic but rare style of bourbon we are fortunate now to have.

Last night at the gun club we shoot a lot of skeet and killed a lot of turkey.........and some Parker's wheated.

Nice. It seems we share a hobby besides bourbon. I think I'm gonna hit some turkey today as well. :-)

Celebrated my first week on the new job (without killing anyone :grin: ) with a healthy pour of Lawrenceburg ORVW 10/90 followed by OWA 7yr last night. I was amazed by how similar they were. Never noticed it before. Now, to get caught up on everything that's been going on here for the past week!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Started by having two doubles of WT101 at the Red Lobster bar while waiting on take out. Finished off a bottle of OC 10 yr and then after debating about some RITTBIB opened a bottle of HMck. Drinks and dinner were both great.

It's natural to be wary of what the future holds for our bourbon world but really, what a time, right now, to also have so much variety and great bourbons at our disposal.

I started out the week heavily loaded with different picks and ages of all delicious and spicy Smooth Amblers.

First, last night, was a 4R-OESO-113.8 proof and 10.5 year private pick full of carmel, toffee and berries...a complex beauty. Then the Stagg Jr., my pick for most underrated bourbon of last year. With the right amount of water I find it a wonderful and balanced showoff example of all the tasty flavors the BT #1 mash bill brings. Last, but not least, as it does better in small doses for my palate, the Barterhouse...what a nose, so much wood and other aged flavors, but so little bitterness. In spite of the marketing hype, another classic but rare style of bourbon we are fortunate now to have.

FC6yo.......Taste and value, it just edges out the ETL by being less hot and more flavorful (medium body, good caramel).

Eagle Rare while watching basketball this afternoon

Celebrated my first week on the new job (without killing anyone ) ...
So...I'm scared to ask ... how many weeks have you worked the new job?

So...I'm scared to ask ... how many weeks have you worked the new job?

I guess that could be read differently than I intended :grin: It was my first week on the job and I didn't kill anyone. I thought that was worthy of celebration!

Barterhouse followed by OCPR SS.

How do they compare side by side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting with some Weller 12. It's weird, some bottles of this I love, others not so much. This one is very good. Maybe it's just me

Enjoying some SB Blend (70/30) on a lovely Saturday evening. This is really hitting the spot tonight!

ER10 followed by EC21. Sadly, I still find the former better than the latter. I've given the EC21 a lot of chances, and friends I give it to seem to like it better than I do, but it just doesn't do *anything* for me.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Got a few new private selections. A BT that's exceptionally smooth, almost an ETL taste. Also picked up an EC12 that has some really minty notes to it. Interesting for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That Old Scout from DrinkUpNY was pretty nice. following it with a Larceny & Lemonade in honor of spring.

I've got my almost 1 week old son in my lap with a nice pour of Weller 12 while my wife gets some much needed sleep. I could get used to this....

It's a battle of the high proofers tonight. Opened up the bottle of Booker's 25 I recently bought and a bottle of ECBP I've been sitting on for a while. Should be a good night indeed.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!