What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ER 10 (with the "10" on the neck label) at $33. I know it went NAS recently and that these are the older, AS bottles, but I just don't know if I care.

Tell me sb.com, should I care?

It's still a 10yr, it lost it's designation as a single barrel. Per the distillery, it is still basically a single barrel product, but it is bottled on a line that may allow for mingling between barrels as one runs out and the next one starts. They pulled the single barrel designation due to the change to this bottling line. The 10 year age statement is now on the back of the label in the paragraph.

As for should you care, I'm sure we can all give you a dissertation on the bottle, but at the end of the day, it's something you'll have to decide for yourself.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?22898-Is-the-new-label-Eagle-Raree-single-barrel

It did not go NAS, just lost its single barrel designation. I doubt those are any better than the current bottles.

Additionally, most new ones are also single barrel even if not labeled as such, per Mark Brown. (I always have to stop myself from typing Mack Brown there...)

Long story short, there shouldn't be any difference from older version to new, other than normal barrel variation that has always existed.

(petrel800 beat me by a nose...)

I passed up an EC 23 for $170. I was shocked to see it behind the counter at one of the stores I frequent. We don't normally get stuff like that. I looked at the bottle but dropping $170 on a bottle of bourbon right now isn't the best idea. Also passed on the new PHC for $73. I'll probably see if a buddy wants to split that though....

Thanks for the clarification y'all. Apparently there has been no meaningful change of ER10 at all, so there is no urgency to buy now rather than later.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!