What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2014?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Regarding batches and RRBP: Given that it's MGP and Redemption, I wouldn't have expected a huge swing. But I have a bottle from batch 4 (er, I think; maybe 3 -- I'm at work), and it has none of the offputting qualities that, for example, Smokeybeast found in giving the stuff an F.

On topic - enjoying a lovely pour of WTR101. I keep hoping that as I expand my rye collection I'll find this less impressive, but can't say I have. Just a damn good rye whiskey :yum:

The new WTR101 or the old?

Having some RITTBIB, just love it and the $19.99 continues to amaze me. Hopefully someday I can try an older RITT. In the meantime I'm going to buy a bottle of Redemption next week. Seems to be numerous positive posts lately.

Weller 12 tonight, it's the perfect combination spicy smooth flavor country. It may be the best thing ever.

This reminds me of the time I posted in the "What are you drinking in Australia?" thread. ;-)

Hah. Thank you. And time to move my post...

Edit to add I guess it's stuck here, I don't have an option to edit it. My carelessness will live forever here.

Edited by dcbt

Ritt BIB 354 Manhattan, and then floated a bottle of CEHT Rye. This Taylor is really a good product. Too expensive, but very tasty.

Ritt BIB 354 Manhattan, and then floated a bottle of CEHT Rye. This Taylor is really a good product. Too expensive, but very tasty.

Josh, most places around me the Taylor Rye is $89 or $99. Is that the ballpark for your comment? I actually have two in the bunker at $65 purchased last year. I would be a continued buyer at the latter number but not at the current rate.

Josh, most places around me the Taylor Rye is $89 or $99. Is that the ballpark for your comment? I actually have two in the bunker at $65 purchased last year. I would be a continued buyer at the latter number but not at the current rate.

Seeing the same prices here now. Last summer all CETH's were from $39 - $69. Although I love their taste I've put them on my no buy list for now. I have a un-opened bottle of each in my "saving for a rainy day" stored in boxes bunker.

Hah. Thank you. And time to move my post...

Edit to add I guess it's stuck here, I don't have an option to edit it. My carelessness will live forever here.

Fixed.............................

Enjoy CETHR very much but if I'm honest it is not $60 better than RITTBIB or $50 better than baby Zaz. IMHO

Well, the Colonel will be making an appearance at the Gazebo, so QPR can be debated then:grin:

On a little rye kick this week. Checked my palate with some Willett 4 year 120.8 proof, and then poured some WFE 24/110. Holy moly, this is good. I haven't loved the Hirsch 22 or 25, but the extra punch here really pulls it together for me. Probably in league with Ritt 25 from memory. Would make a great SBS.

I agree totally on the proof issue. Love the 20+yr Willetts at cask strength (or at least 110) but am not wowed by the Hirsch in the 90's. Actually prefer the Saz18 @90proof over the Hirsch 22.

I agree totally on the proof issue. Love the 20+yr Willetts at cask strength (or at least 110) but am not wowed by the Hirsch in the 90's. Actually prefer the Saz18 @90proof over the Hirsch 22.

Without a doubt. Big Saz and VW are the only <100 proof ryes I think are truly great.

The lowest I've seen is $65. It's not so much that I don't think it's worth that, it IS very good, but more that I have a hard time making repeat purchases on most things from that point up. More inclined to try something different next time. Have the same problem with AE Rye, which I enjoy very much as well.

$61.99 on manager closeout here. Just not a rye town. Lucky for me I guess.

Still wish it was less, but it's a pretty decent rye.

B

'13 Handy tonight. This is one of my favorites but my palate is off tonight and it's not hitting the right notes. Not sure what's going on. I've been in the bush in northern BC for three days where there was only Makers and rum available so maybe that's what has thrown me off.

Some High West 12 to close out the evening - yeah, I love what those guys are doing in Utah!

13908288211_b9977015de_z.jpg

Thanks to the generous ex-SBr for the sample!

Edited by ChainWhip

Leopold Maryland style rye at a bar. It's apparent from the nose that this is young but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's malty-er than I'd expect. I really hope that they are able to age some of this for a couple of years and release it because I think it'd be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leopold Maryland style rye at a bar. It's apparent from the nose that this is young but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's malty-er than I'd expect. I really hope that they are able to age some of this for a couple of years and release it because I think it'd be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a fan as well. They are still working on a 4yo BIB version which hopefully will be available in the next year or two. Looking forward to that one if I can get my hands on it.

Last night I alternated pours of RITTBIB and baby Zaz. Love the flavor difference between the two and at $19.99 and $31 love the price too.

I have been drinking the 2012 THH over the weekend, very very much enjoyed the intense flavour and balance this rye has, just wish the weekend was longer lol

Willett 24/110 thanks to a kind SBer for the sample. All the hallmarks of the old Willett ryes. A nose for the ages. Palate of old church wood, rye bread, dry wood spices-cinnamon,clove,nutmeg, and long satisfying finish. Please do yourself a favor and try to sample one of these if you are an aficionado. I know- like telling you grow a foot and play in the NBA-but there are resources-bars and whatnot to get a pour of these. Do it.

Back at the Handy '13 again and my palate has corrected itself. Once again enjoying this stellar pour.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!