What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2014?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Followed up the Handy with Smooth Ambler Old Scout 8 yr Rye cask strength bottled for TPS. Not quite at the level of Handy, but a very fine pour in its own right. Very pleased with this one.

Was a RITTBIB eveing watching the start of the Deadliest Catch new season. MrsTT really loves that show. Me, as long as I have enough good rye or bourbon I can sit through anything.

Tossed some Dant in the coffee this morning. Haven't decided if I will make this a house regular but I do seem to be reaching for it more often.

Tossed some Dant in the coffee this morning. Haven't decided if I will make this a house regular but I do seem to be reaching for it more often.

hmmmm, something about rye and coffee just works. :cool: Redemption rye into mine this AM

Sipping on some Ritt BiB from DSP 1. Haven't done a SBS but it is different. I enjoy it all the same. :-)

Sipping on some Ritt BiB from DSP 1. Haven't done a SBS but it is different. I enjoy it all the same. :-)

You were just drinking Ritt a few days ago. Trying to finish the bottle! :lol:

Town Branch last night and a solid three finger pour of "The Colonel" tonight. I'm finding that I really enjoy each pour of the TB, while the Taylor is hit and miss. Am getting some floral notes on the Taylor tonight (rose petals anyone?). Value added I figure....

You were just drinking Ritt a few days ago. Trying to finish the bottle! :lol:

Once I open a bottle of Ritt BiB it doesn't usually last long. I guess besides it being rather tasty the cost doesn't deter me from drinking heavy pours. :-)

Baby Zaz last night while watching the end of Mad Men season 3 and with a Friday off having some in me coffee.

Started the night with a pour of Bulleit Rye. Didnt care for this the first pour after opening 2 weeks ago but tonight its pretty good. Whether it needed a few weeks of air or the few drops i put in helped it was improved. Nothing stellar but great for a rye newb. good price also.

It's been a while so came back to the JPS 25 rye and wow so nice actually now. All the aged rye characteristics without the wood dominating.

Enjoyed a great private selection of SAOS CS 8yr rye at the gazebo, and was glad to get a chance to try the Riverboat Rye (the 100 proof was decent, depending what they decide to ask for it). Also liked the Collingwood 21 yr better than I would have expected - for the price, going to pick one of those up!

Cracked open a SAOS 8yr 122.8 rye that I picked up in Bardstown, and damn glad I picked it up. Not a sbs comparison, but my first sip reminds me of THH more than any other barrrel proof rye I've had (ok . . . I guess that's a fairly short list, but still!) The nose isn't as close (quite a bit hotter there and less dynamic), but on the palate this is hitting all the right notes. Then again, maybe my palate was in withdrawal after the Sampler weekend (but three days off should be enough)!

For the money, this is a tremendous pour. I'd be kicking myself for not buying more, but think this was the last one they had on the shelf by Saturday night!

Col. Edmund Haynes Taylor,Jr. rye. A very solid pour with a lot of up front spice and drying finish. As I said solid pour. But not at $90 or $100 as currently priced.

Col. Edmund Haynes Taylor,Jr. rye. A very solid pour with a lot of up front spice and drying finish. As I said solid pour. But not at $90 or $100 as currently priced.

I am with you. The price of CEHT has skyrocketed over the past year. I like it but just can't pay the price compared to other options.

I am with you. The price of CEHT has skyrocketed over the past year. I like it but just can't pay the price compared to other options.

Yep, and I followed with a pour of Jeff10 and it was in the same wheelhouse as the CEHT for half the price I paid and a third of the current price. And I'm no Jeff fanboy.

Opened the Pepper Rye I bought (NAS). They should call this one Denny Green Rye because . . . it was what I thought it was . . .

. . . Stuff is LDI, tastes LDI, that being said, for 26 and a 100 proof, not bad, very minty with a hint of pickle. Made a nice Manhatten, wasn't bad straight up. In my opinion if your short Willet 4 yr or don't want to drop the extra 10, this is pretty much an easy substitute minus 10 to 15 proof points.

That's my experience with Pepper Rye as well. I still prefer the Willett 4 yr because I like the extra proof points.

Had two fingers of high west rendezvous tonight while watching Stanley cup playoffs. Go kings!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I paid way too much for a couple tiny servings of rye unicorns at Jack Rose. Rathskeller and Velvet Glove, the latter being the favorite.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!