What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2014?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Think a TTB letter is circulating?

We know that Drew at least visits here and probably does follow some of the major blogs. He could have just seen the storm that others have just gone through and decided it wasn't worth damaging the WFE brand and just silently added them. That, to me, would be the most honorable approach for any bottler - just add the label. Don't brag about it - you weren't being honest before you got caught. Just put the sticker on the bottle.

Still working on some Copper Fox Rye from Wasmund's in VA. It's an interesting whiskey with 2/3 rye and 1/3 malted barley that was smoked over apple and cherry wood. It makes for a very different rye whiskey and I'm still trying to determine what I think of it. It's hard to compare it to other rye whiskey.

Still working on some Copper Fox Rye from Wasmund's in VA. It's an interesting whiskey with 2/3 rye and 1/3 malted barley that was smoked over apple and cherry wood. It makes for a very different rye whiskey and I'm still trying to determine what I think of it. It's hard to compare it to other rye whiskey.

A neat pour of TH Handy after dinner. Just a magnificent rye full of baking spices and chewiness.

The WFE rye I bought in the spring said 'Distilled in Indiana' on it. I don't think it was a sticker.

As I was packing some bottles preparing to pout the house on the market, I noticed that my new bottle of WFE 7 year rye had "Distilled in Indiana" printed on it. My 5 year bottle on the other hand had nothing.

As I was packing some bottles preparing to pout the house on the market, I noticed that my new bottle of WFE 7 year rye had "Distilled in Indiana" printed on it. My 5 year bottle on the other hand had nothing.

Gotta love the South. Parents Weekend in Charleston. Huge pour of Sazerac Rye at a bar before dinner. Rare enough in NJ stores. Never seen in a bar. Great rye spice, can see the family resemblance with th 18yo. Think I need one of these.

Rittenhouse BIB. Still one of my favorite ryes and an absolute bargain at $23. And to think that just a few short years ago I used to buy it for a mere $13 before its slow and steady increase in price. (Binny's now has it for $27 and it won't be long before it hits $30. Still good value but the Scotsman in me will be irked.)

Willett 4 yr 110 pr, while I tend the chicken on the grill. This iteration of LDI rye is such a pungent, smack in the face, and spicy animal. Really is tamed with a touch of water, and imparts a wonderful creaminess and fullness to it. Seems counterintuitive.

Following unclebuck on the Ritt BIB bandwagon on this Sunday afternoon. I really need to pick up more of this before the general public figures it out and it starts being scooped up.

Getting towards the end of my bottle of McKenzie. Have really been enjoying this. The dark chocolate/coffee finish has me coming back for more.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!