What rye did you purchase today? Spring/Summer 2014

BFerguson
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

New season needs a new thread.

Picked up Lot 40 x4 yesterday out with the misses. Fine day of shopping was had by both parties.

B

Picked up a bottle of Lot 40 as well today. I got sick of seeing all the praises here :grin:.

I cringed at paying $55 for a sub-90 proofer, but I love 100% (Alberta?) ryes and there are only so many options in the category.

Edited by upStomp

I finally got as close to getting a unicorn rye as I'll likely ever get todayupega3y5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got as close to getting a unicorn rye as I'll likely ever get todayupega3y5.jpg

Nicely done sir - bravo!

Nice crotch shot! :lol:

Nice crotch shot! :lol:

C'mon, joe, my bottles are up here :)

Hey, I swear I'm only looking at the bottles! What's the story on the WFE? Special selection, gift shop?

Hey, I swear I'm only looking at the bottles! What's the story on the WFE? Special selection, gift shop?

Japan market sister cask to many of the famous Willett aged ryes.

Japan market sister cask to many of the famous Willett aged ryes.

Nice, Unicorn City then. Cheers,Bing! Enjoy in good health.

I prefer the 24/94 to the 24/110 (and I generally like high proof whiskey). You did well!

I prefer the 24/94 to the 24/110 (and I generally like high proof whiskey). You did well!

Thank you sir. I'd like to try the 110 at some point.

Just picked up new bottles of Dickel rye and Rittenhouse BIB for the March Madness crowd that's been gathering at my house these days. Both have been very well received by my friends.

I pick up today a Rittenhouse 25yrs and THH 2010 very excited to find the Rittenhouse at a great price here in Au thanks to a very nice member on here :). Hope to grab a couple of Saz 18 soon

Picked up a Dickel along with a Town Branch. Tried to get a read on the TB from the store reps, but only one had sampled and he could not describe it in any other words that you will either love it or hate it. We shall see!

Picked up my first bottle of SAOS to go along with my first Mitcher's. Have a few days off from work and look forward to trying both. If they are anywhere near as good as baby Saz, RITBIB, GDR, & CETHR I'll be a happy man.

Thanks Paddy, that would be sourced then and should be decent if not heart stopping Bourbon. I asked because I wondered why the clerk said you would love it or hate it. A six-nine month old experiment may have some unusual taste elements but a decent grade Bourbon should not.

Looks like a duel copper pot still rye (I'd guess anywhere from 2 to 4 yrs old), but no other information is provided. I'm going to try to post some notes on this over the weekend, as by then, I should have had enough time to get a grasp of it. Definitely non-traditional rye IMO.

Edit: Just found this....

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/03/3118219/alltech-introduces-new-whiskey.html

Edited by Paddy

Finally broke down and bought one of the Redemption BP ryes after tasting it yesterday. A nice bold spiciness but not a lot of the minty flavor of some of the other MGP ryes including the Willet overproof ryes. Further improved with a touch of water. More like the Old Ambler 99 proof 7yo rye. Maybe that extra year or two in bottle was the difference.

Something different today.

Old Potrero 18th Century.

Not a typical rye, but a rye nonetheless.

Need to pop this one tonight!

B

Just scored some Ritt BiB DSP 354. Been looking all over and finally found a couple.

SAOS Rye 8yr Cask Strength. Enjoy the 7yr 100proof, so expect i will enjoy this one.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!