What rye did you purchase today? Spring/Summer 2014

BFerguson
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Still haven't seen this in the wild. Might be because the AE seems to just sit on the shelves

Still haven't seen this in the wild. Might be because the AE seems to just sit on the shelves

It has just appeared in the Atlanta burbs. Not sure if it is going to go to where you are. Doesn't seem to be a lot of it available or so the stores claim and it has a pretty hefty up charge in cost from what I have seen in other locations. $80 here as compared to generally around $70 elsewhere. Unless all locations have seen a price bump when they make a new order?

That's disappointing. I passed on one for $75ish as I thought it was closer to $70 elsewhere (and figured I could pick it up for that when it showed up in Atlanta). Not that the $5 will kill me (and not that I'm suffering a whiskey shortage :lol:)

Ok so I passed on it last year and I'll get it this time but it will be $90 - $100.

When it comes to buying rye/bourbon he who hesitates is lost.

Willett Rye 4 year.[ATTACH]

One of my favorite ryes. The price has increased a little but it is definitely good. Enjoy!

Ok so I passed on it last year and I'll get it this time but it will be $90 - $100.

When it comes to buying rye/bourbon he who hesitates is lost.

So true! I saw it on the shelf a few weeks back in Indy. The price was $79.99.

duplicate post.

RITTBIB, Baby Zaz, and my first bottle of Pepper. Also of note the RITT is now $21.99. I know it's only two dollars but that is 10% increase.

Picked up an Old Potrero 18th Century on impulse. Its uniqueness was too hard to pass up!

I also impulse grabbed one of the 18th cent Potreros when they first came out. Don't regret doing it but haven't purchased another.

Usually when I pick up something that I waver on (more because of cost), I just suck it up and keep it, enjoy it, and based on price don't get it again. We all have "regret" purchases but unless you are truly ruminating about it, I would just enjoy it and chalk it up to impulse.

I was very close to giving in to that rationalization but then realized that its a lot of money that could go towards something I really want. If my budget was unlimited, I would have kept it for sure.

Yeah, practical takes precedence over impulse. I know. I often pass on things that I would love to buy but my budget says no.

A couple bottles of Leopold Maryland Style Rye to celebrate the birth of my second son, named Leopold.

It's in the mail. Can't wait to try it

A couple bottles of Leopold Maryland Style Rye to celebrate the birth of my second son, named Leopold.

Congratulations to you on your new addition! Nice way to commemorate his arrival, too! It's a nice rye, and carries the Leopold house style very well. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, particularly with it's meaning to you.

:toast:

Congratulations!!! That's a pretty cool idea! Now are these for drinking, or does he get one when he's of age?

Congratulations!!! That's a pretty cool idea! Now are these for drinking, or does he get one when he's of age?

I bought two of the rye and two of the American small batch whiskey. One for drinking now of each and one for cellaring.

Up in Canada last week, had to walk away from many many Lot no. 40 at the LCBO. Made up for it with a Collingwood 21 Rye today in TN.

I picked up a Dickel Rye today. It's a really decent pour for anyone that likes the Lawrenceburg juice.

Went to binnys and got a high west rendezvous rye and e.h. Taylor rye

Went to binnys and got a high west rendezvous rye and e.h. Taylor rye

Two fine choices.

Passed on Dickel Rye today. My usual haunt increased the price by $8 since last week. Looks like I'm adding to my New Hampshire shopping list.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!