What rye did you purchase today? Spring/Summer 2014

BFerguson
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up (on the third actually), my first bottle of Rittenhouse BIB. Went to the store to pick up some Sazerac, my usual, but they were out! So thought I would try this. Only one pour so far, but very likable!

Picked up an AE Rye today. I really enjoyed the original batch and hoping that this current batch will be good as well.

Picked up a baby saz today and left a Ritt BiB dsp 354. Haven't seen the baby saz around in a while so was happy to grab it at 25.99

Enjoying a nice pour of WFE 4 year rye. 110 proof. Added some small cubes of ice to bring it down to between 90 and 95 proof. Still has strong grassy, earthy notes along with a nice spicy rye flavor. I love it at 110 but also really enjoy it at a lower proof. LDI rye done right!

Grabbed a Collinwood 21 yr today. Been wanting one for awhile and finally decided to bring one home.

Grabbed a Collinwood 21 yr today. Been wanting one for awhile and finally decided to bring one home.

Welcome to the Cologne Bottle Club...

Welcome to the Cologne Bottle Club...

60% of the time, it works every time . . . I think I'm going to wear some to the Larceny study tonight.

I picked up a Ritt BIB DSP 1. This is less bourbon like than the DSP 354. To me it a very tasty rye. I haven't seen the new label yet in stores.

Storing away these two bottles. I over paid for the Michters, and I don't mean just the retail price. Initially I wasn't very impressed but lately it's been an excellent pour. Great texture with a bit of cocoa flavor. Still not worth the price I paid but I doubt I will run across another one in my area.

post-11296-14489821148398_thumb.jpg

60% of the time, it works every time . . . I think I'm going to wear some to the Larceny study tonight.

I didn't smell any of that on ya ;-) Was that a local pick-up? I finally talked myself into getting one after passing them by for months, and of course - I haven't seen one since :lol:

Storing away these two bottles. I over paid for the Michters, and I don't mean just the retail price. Initially I wasn't very impressed but lately it's been an excellent pour. Great texture with a bit of cocoa flavor. Still not worth the price I paid but I doubt I will run across another one in my area.

[ATTACH]18855[/ATTACH]

If you enjoy it you didn't pay to much for it and it doesn't matter what anyone else says period.

If you enjoy it you didn't pay to much for it and it doesn't matter what anyone else says period.

Thank you for the supportive comment and I definitely am not worried about what others think about what I like to drink. No regrets bunkering this bottle away, but it is more than I wanted to purchase it for. Strange enough, that store usually charges competitive prices on even their limited edition bottles but for some reason, they charged 20% more than msrp. Going to have a pour tonight!

I didn't smell any of that on ya ;-) Was that a local pick-up? I finally talked myself into getting one after passing them by for months, and of course - I haven't seen one since :lol:

Swing by and we'll crack the seal on mine ;-)

It was local, I'll PM you where I got it, they had another one on the shelf.

Swing by and we'll crack the seal on mine ;-)
It was local, I'll PM you where I got it, they had another one on the shelf.

Evidence of why SB (and the GBS) are filled with the best damn people on the planet (thanks to Bruce for also reaching out!) Hoping to pick one up soon! You guys rock!

post-7689-14489821156249_thumb.gif

Redemption Straight Rye, Indiana's finest. Well we'll see about that.

In my humble Hoosier opinion, the finest MGP versions are found under the Smooth Ambler and Willett labels. The AE rye is good as a dessert drink too.

Never had the Willet but I do agree about the SA and I might add the Pepper 1776 hits the spot too.

Never had the Willet but I do agree about the SA and I might add the Pepper 1776 hits the spot too.

Forgot High West. They have blended MGP to good effect. And on topic about to open my last Jeff10 NCF. Not purchased today but recently.

SAOS 7 year rye for $47. Not the best price, but I was excited to find it in Michigan.

SAOS 7 year rye for $47. Not the best price, but I was excited to find it in Michigan.

I'll bite and probably feel stupid for it but what is SAOS ?

I picked up a Ritt BIB DSP 1. This is less bourbon like than the DSP 354. To me it a very tasty rye. I haven't seen the new label yet in stores.

Good intel--thank you. The couple Ritt BiBs I picked up at TPS 2-3 years ago were waaaaay too smooth, so it might be time to try from a different source. New labels are on shelves in TX.

On topic: I picked up Bulleit Rye. $20 out the door. Now, that's my kind of "Bulleit Experience."

Picked up a Willett 2yr Rye - last one on the shelf (and I was by this store 2 days ago, so it went quick!) Same price as the gift shop ($35).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!