What rye did you purchase today? Spring/Summer 2014

BFerguson
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

True, but you can get that other places, even though I think there's something about what Willett does than generally produces a better product. I really look foward to pure Willett.

Hmmm, so with the amount that willett seems to be producing, have they stopped getting rye from up north? Can't remember seeing anything on that.

I think Willett has some really great rack houses, and those two hills (along with Heaven Hill) sure do seem to consistently put some beautiful age on whiskey. Something about that microclimate?

We'd better stop enjoying this discussion before the thread drift police come along.

Indeed. Would a friendly mod mind moving this tangent of a discussion to the 2 year Willett rye thread where it properly belongs? Apologies for the sidetracking...

Happy to add these two into my home bar. Saz 18 I'll save for another time to taste but I'll crack open Old Potrero tonight.

post-11296-14489821363386_thumb.jpg

Picked up a Baby Saz.. Surprised to find it. The clerk was like this must be the last one til next year. I told her i thought it came out octoberish around the time as the BTAC release.. She said they must of got it early this year..

am on wrong on October as the normal release? Or did it come out early this year?

Picked up a Baby Saz.. Surprised to find it. The clerk was like this must be the last one til next year. I told her i thought it came out octoberish around the time as the BTAC release.. She said they must of got it early this year..

am on wrong on October as the normal release? Or did it come out early this year?

It's available year round, though like many BT products, it's experiencing rolling blackouts from time to time because they can't keep up with demand. That's why you can't always find it.

Is this out already?! I need to be on the lookout!

No, I don't think so, at least not in Georgia. The incredibly generous GBS member who acquired this got a few bottles direct from the distillery!

:cool:

No, I don't think so, at least not in Georgia. The incredibly generous GBS member who acquired this got a few bottles direct from the distillery!

:cool:

Great stuff! I guess I need new friends!

Thanks to a fellow GBS member, a HW Midwinter's Night Dram.

I might also point out that while Mark is a highly knowledgeable whiskey nerd and generous enabler of quality whiskey for fellow GBS members his Shakespeare is a bit shaky!

It is the HW A Midwinter Night's Dram, to match the format of the title of the play, A Midsummer Night's Dream!

I might also point out that while Mark is a highly knowledgeable whiskey nerd and generous enabler of quality whiskey for fellow GBS members his Shakespeare is a bit shaky!

It is the HW A Midwinter Night's Dram, to match the format of the title of the play, A Midsummer Night's Dream!

I always preferred Othello.

Black Maple Hill (Stein). Reviews that I've seen are quite polarized but got a price below MSRP so figured what the hell.

Dig into it and let us know what you think. I know of one glowing review (that seems questionable) and some mediocre ones. I'm not in the market for either the bourbon or rye but am curious as to how they stack up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!