Woodside Partners Reserve - Part II

CL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I called the Village Pub in Woodside, CA, tonight to see if they had any more Woodside Partners Reserve. (I am heading out to the bay area in a couple weeks.) I spoke with Jessica who had to check on the stock and give me a call back.

She called back within 20 minutes and said, alas, all the original stock had sold out. frown.gif But, she said that Tim Stannard told her that new stock is on the way. smile.gif Bottling is to occur on 11/10/03. She suggested calling in mid-December to place an order.

Of course, I wanted to pummel her with questions, but I was talking to her during their supper hour and I figured that Tim is the person with the answers, so I held off.

If anyone has spoken to Tim before and knows the best way to reach him, give him a call and fill us in on the details!

Chuck,

Tim has an account here on Straightbourbon. His username is "villagepub". You might try to contact him at the email address associated with that account.

Good idea, Jim, but there is no email in the villagepub profile. So, I did the next best thing and sent him an SB.com PM. Let's see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

The Village Pub in Woodside has decided to bottle another Van Winkle barrel. It will again be a 15-year bourbon selected by Tim Stannard. It should be available by the end of November.

Julian smile.gif

Ok, details... I spoke to Tim today. He says his 'whiskey partner' is doing much of the workload this time around so he is going to have him call me back. But I did get a bit of info... This time they are selling 'shares' of the barrel. I did not get a price or anything yet. The bottling should be done on or around November 10th and should hopefully ship by the end of November. But we all know how these dates can change. And he also noted that they hope to give people who get in on shares this time around first pick on future bottlings. Once I have more info on pricing and contact information I'll post it so we can all call one person and make it easy on these poor guys! lol.gif

Now for some good stuff! Julian, if you are reading this please 'make it so!'. Tim says they are working with Julian to try and do a 21YO bottling by years end! He says Julian is in sort of a whiskey shortage right now, which is true, one can tell by there not being much availabliity on the Pappy 20. But Tim says they are 'pushing' Julian to try and make it happen. So cmon' Julian, for us from straightbourbon, find the 21 somewhere lol.gif

toast.gif

Well after not hearing from Tim's associate (Sorry I forgot his name) I called Tim again last night. He says his partner is away for the next week or so and he would help me. So if anyone wants to place an order I guess just give him a call over at the Village Pub. He said that they will be keeping the label pretty much the same so it will slip through the BATF easier and faster. They also plan on going for a proof similar if not the same as the last bottling (92.4 Proof). He said he had a test sample in front of him and he thinks that the barrel they chose this year is a bit better than the last! smile.gif I absolutely loved the last bottling so I am anxious to get one of these in my hand. The price per bottle should be right around $45 a bottle, give or take a few bucks, similar to the last release if I am correct. toast.gif

I had dinner at the Woodside pub on Tuesday night this week while on trip to Bay area. Aged rib steak - very tasty along with a pour of Stagg and Sazerac Rye. I asked the bartender about the new release; he thought they were bottling Scotch next. He did show me an empty bottle of the first Woodside bottling.

Damn, I should have gone out there while I was in San Jose last week. Stagg and steak. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. yum.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.