Sazerac 18yrs or Thomas Handy

Robbie BTAC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can not decide which one to get either the Sazerac 18yrs 2012 Fall or Thomas Handy 2010 i have the 2011 Saz and 11,12 Handy Bottles. Your views and thoughts please Robbie

oh my, this is only a question you can answer.

But if I was answering it for myself :), I will pick Saz18 without even thinking about it. This is from someone who loved age ryes of the old days such as Saz18 and don't really like THH too much. I still have a THH from 2009 that is still half full and starting to learn to enjoy it. Others here love THH.

Robbie am I to understand you have both Saz and THH on hand but are asking which to choose between the most recent expressions? Get both of course and be thankful you are in a position to get either.

Agree with both Hugh and squire. Only you can make that decision, and the answer is to get both :lol:

If it were me personally, I'd actually go with the THH, but I am odd like that. I do like aged ryes, but for some reason haven't gotten the same charge from Saz 18 as my BMH18 or others.

Seeing where you're from, do I dare ask how much these bottles are? My usual response would be to get both, but I'm guessing you're looking at $200+ per bottle.

The Saz has that "Once it's gone, it's gone" attraction, that is hard to overcome. Plus, there really isn't anything around like it currently. But, the Handy is a spectacular barrel proof ball buster that is so chewy and thick, that it is totally mesmerizing to me. I enjoy the Handy more, but you may never see another Saz 18. Seeing where you are, and all, go with the Saz18, and hope you get another shot at a Handy one day. Or, let your Whiskirexia Nervosa get the best of you, and get both...

We really suck at helpin', don't we...:lol:

Saz hands down, not even a contest.

Handy is good, no doubt there but Saz will be a near religious experience once you taste it. Then you want more.

Dam, to be faced with a dilemma like that. I envy you.

B

Says the guy who is counting the weeks down to scoop some aged Ritt from the honey hole store.

Get both. Don't look back 6 months from now and say "why didn't I get the__________too". (You fill in the blank.)

Its just money, there are trillions of dollars out there, but only a very few good bottles of bourbon. Enjoy them while they are there, you may not see them again.

you already have to handy's and only one saz. with another saz in larder, you'll feel more comfortable with sitting back and enjoying it.

I know I can get the 2010 Handy in a couple of shops here, but only seen the Sazerac 2012 in one, so out comes the credit card lol I'll get the Handy soon. It's so expensive here to buy very close to $300 a bottle :(. Thanks for your help in pointing me to the right one, I just wish it was cheaper as I'd certainly drink more of it.

BTAC releases are ridiculously overpriced in Oz. I can get THH for $215 and either WLW or GTS for $245. Those are actually comparatively good prices in this neck of the woods, but I'm not even remotely tempted.

At those prices I wouldn't be tempted either. When I was a young man I believed higher price meant a proportionally higher taste experience but now I know that ain't necessarily so.

BTAC releases are ridiculously overpriced in Oz. I can get THH for $215 and either WLW or GTS for $245. Those are actually comparatively good prices in this neck of the woods, but I'm not even remotely tempted.

Robbie, it is a tough call on the prices since you are half way around the world. I see that you have been looking at purchasing several BTACs not just Sazarac or THH. I assume these are in local shops? It is ultimately your call on whether you want to pay the price stated above. Sometimes curiosity gets the better of us. I don't have either or I would just send you a sample so you can try some. Maybe someone here can help you with a sample?

Robbie, it is a tough call on the prices since you are half way around the world. I see that you have been looking at purchasing several BTACs not just Sazarac or THH. I assume these are in local shops? It is ultimately your call on whether you want to pay the price stated above. Sometimes curiosity gets the better of us. I don't have either or I would just send you a sample so you can try some. Maybe someone here can help you with a sample?

I do have my eye on a few BTAC and have been doing lots of research to pick the right ones. I do have a few bottles of Pappy which I enjoy drinking. Would like to taste what the others have to offer. I have a few unopened bottle of Stagg and WLW and Handy but would like to have a few bottle which I can put away and enjoy the rest :). It would be nice if there was a section for Ozzies like myself to pass on information where to get such and such at good price rather than pay extreme prices at times.

I am willing to share Robbie, check your PM's. Just don't clear him out in case I change my mind and temptation does get the better of me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.