National Distillers - Quite a history

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey ..thanks for moving this, I should have looked at the categories before posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interest article. Also interesting: It was ostensibly written in 1988, one year after National was acquired by Fortune Brands and its liquor division merged with Jim Beam Brands. Which raises the question, what did Fortune do with the metals, plastics, and chemicals divisions?

Very interest article. Also interesting: It was ostensibly written in 1988, one year after National was acquired by Fortune Brands and its liquor division merged with Jim Beam Brands. Which raises the question, what did Fortune do with the metals, plastics, and chemicals divisions?

Now you've piqued my interest. As near as I can tell, Beam (then American Brands) only got the distilled spirits division of National Distillers and Chemicals. The other divisions went forward, renamed themselves as Quantum Chemical, merged with Hanson PLC and became Millennium, which in turn became part of Lyondell -- now LyondellBasell. (There's another part called Cristal that may or may not have a ND history.)

Thanks. I was very involved at Beam with the National integration but I don't recall ever hearing about the other divisions.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.