Ezra Brooks 15 year

msap
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi All,

I was checking the sale prices on www.intenetwines.com and noticed that they are listing Ezra Brooks 15 Year at about $18 (not including shipping) marked down from $36. Has anyone tried this one? If so, is it worth picking up for the price, figuring shipping adds about $10 a bottle?

Thanks,

Mike

High Desert Whiskey Fan

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Hi Mike,

This is Ezra B? Their regular price is outrageous. I paid $25.99, and that wasn't at a discount store. At the sale price, though, and figuring that it would cost less than $10/bottle for several bottles, if you can't get it locally, go for it. The bourbon is excellent (assuming you like old, oaky bourbon, which I do).

=John=

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

• 3 weeks later...

I'll second the nod to Ezra B 15. On a business trip to Atlanta over the weekend I picked it up for around $24. I haven't seen it on the shelf here in Connecticut. I enjoyed it myself, more of a refined, oaky version of the black label Ezra. By comparison, I found the Old Ezra 7 YO to be rather sweet, almost maple syrupy in flavor. Also recommended (at New Hampshire price of $10).

J. Rocco

CT Shoreline, USA

• 3 weeks later...

I notice that a 12-year old version of E.B. is available from one of the german whisky-shops who does mail order. Is this, in reality, a 12-year old Very Old Barton? For sure, it can´t be original Medley whiskey, or?

I also happen to have a soft spot for somewhat oaky bourbon. I know that this is a difficult question to answer but how would you compare its oakiness to, say, Knob Creek or W.T. Rare Breed?

Best wishes,

H.B.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.