ChainWhip

What "Other American Whisky" are you drinking?

kevinbrink

This is really, really fantastic.

y4ml70Rb39lKm-MtYGcmxmHytGDuySwr0FF_Asqy

• I like it 1

Kane
1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

y4ml70Rb39lKm-MtYGcmxmHytGDuySwr0FF_Asqy

So, what is it really? All I can find is JD's marketing material, which insists that it is a very unique whiskey by putting at least 5 mentions of "unique" in each paragraph. It's priced about the same as the BP, how does it compare?

kevinbrink
6 minutes ago, Kane said:

So, what is it really? All I can find is JD's marketing material, which insists that it is a very unique whiskey by putting at least 5 mentions of "unique" in each paragraph. It's priced about the same as the BP, how does it compare?

I like it more than the last few JD BP bottles I have had/tried, according to the tag it was aged in long toasted low char barrels with a barrel entry proof of 100 and aged on the top floors of the higher elevation rickhouses. It's not a bruiser like the BP but it is full bodied and rich at 100 proof and for me that is a plus. 

dad-proof
On 11/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, mthegodfather said:

Phillips blended whiskey. $3 double rail pours at local Mexican restaurant.

I'm... Sorry? ?

• I like it 1

mthegodfather
I'm... Sorry? ?

It was pretty harsh. I had never tried it and it was $3.

dad-proof
8 minutes ago, mthegodfather said:

It was pretty harsh. I had never tried it and it was $3.

Haha, thanks for taking the bullet and trying, though  it retails for close to $10 for 1L, so you still may have overpaid. :- )

• I like it 1

lcpfratn
y4ml70Rb39lKm-MtYGcmxmHytGDuySwr0FF_Asqy1dmkFd0vhbRi7Dg4ey5Nm7r6PQs-aqb3vKE3wO8jINBJcozF5RPGpSg7EWwP6lEHmXFTRsKwaetQATBiN9bCy4d9dEj9GTDZG5-65qNYpJKgCWPEQHKWDdkg3x_HljmY8epJpGBHadMPFmPFWjYeYl_yAit?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

Glad to hear it. I figured that I was going to like it and was able to find a few bottles at retail, but I haven’t opened one yet.
  • I like it 1

LCWoody

I don’t drink JD, but this is very good juice. 5F1D7AC0-B14A-4EB3-A001-5B0EBBA451DF.thumb.jpeg.4454c30c807aaebe659375f3c0c090b7.jpeg

I will definitely buy another to put up for later. 

NightCru
14 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I don’t drink JD, but this is very good juice. 5F1D7AC0-B14A-4EB3-A001-5B0EBBA451DF.thumb.jpeg.4454c30c807aaebe659375f3c0c090b7.jpeg

I will definitely buy another to put up for later. 

I don't drink much JD but I do enjoy the Single Barrel and the Barrel Proof.  This caught my eye, I'm very curious what the lower barrel entry proof will do to it.  I ordered a bottle and am waiting for delivery right now.  I'm glad to hear good things about it, this is probably the most excited I have ever been for a JD release.

kevinbrink

This is pretty fantastic, even better with a little water, it reminds me vaguely of peated Loch Lomond, not priced bad either at under $50 for a craft whiskey with a fairly impressive age statement.

y4mzjODV7-BmdNqkvqQHgmrnhYqf1Id08gZpeJSa

beasled
13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

This is pretty fantastic, even better with a little water, it reminds me vaguely of peated Loch Lomond, not priced bad either at under $50 for a craft whiskey with a fairly impressive age statement.

y4mzjODV7-BmdNqkvqQHgmrnhYqf1Id08gZpeJSa

Great price for what it is in the current climate. 

• I like it 1

KyleCBreese

Picked up a bottle of Balcones Single Malt from 2013 for $58. I’ve always passed on their products but went for it since it was the best price I’ve seen. I get a burnt popcorn note from it, though I know there is no corn in there. It’s not bad, but I’ll probably continue to pass in the future. 

Kane

Feeling cheap tonight. Tasty!

IMG_20181209_003239.jpg