George Dickel Progressive tasting

VAGentleman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last nigh we did a cool tasting. We had all of the Dickel's one after another. We started with the white Dog #1, then did the Cascade Hollow, the #8, #12, 9 year old and 14 year old. It was really cool tasting how the whisky matured and how the oak and other flavors changed over the different ages. I can't think of another distillery that has the capability to follow along the same recipe in so many different ages. Fun stuff

Most people liked the 9 year old single barrel the best. I liked the oakiness of the 14. One person preferred regular #12. All thought it was cool to follow along as the distillate aged.

Haven't been able to find the 9 and 14 yr old yet. Haven't seen it in NW Arkansas or SW Missouri.

• 2 years later...

Tasting the regular No. 12 now. Much improved over the profile of the last dozen years. The vitamins flavour, so often remarked here, is much reduced and the drink is more complex and interesting. Buttery notes, vanillin, a winy quality. Really good. A few years ago, I had the chance to taste 1970s Dickel and this bottle reminds me of that. Keep it up Diageo.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.