Sunday Bloody Sunday

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is going well. As many as you know, bloody mary's are a Sunday morning staple for me. I'm continually using different whiskeys, mixes, juices, and spices...not to find the perfect bloody, but to just change things up. This morning, I'm using:

-OS TPS American Whiskey. This is a SB of LDI/MGP corn whiskey. It is NAS, but it is non chill filtered, and bottled at 125.4 proof ( thanks to friend Joe for the corn whiskey idea). At the high proof, a pleasant sweet corn flavor and slight vanilla flavor come through.

-Mr and Mrs T regular bloody mix

-Worcestershire

-hot sauce

-beau monde seasoning

-slightly dusted the glass rim with McCormick Fiery 5 pepper seasoning...I like mine hot and spicy

-and of course, garnished with bacon !!!

I never measure anything, just pour or shake until I think it's right. I want to try a couple different bitters( again Joe), just haven't been to TPS to pick them up. So share your recipes here boys

Love the bloody's, think I'll have one also, I keep mine simple...some Cajun seasoning,garlic salt,celery salt,(and the last time I added a bit of cumin,)a teaspoon of pickle juice,few drops of hot sauce,pickle and the V8.I think I'll use some Tequila today. :toast:

Having one now. OGD114, salt/pepper, Fee's celery bitters, El Yucateco chile habanero sauce, V8 juice, and of course bacon.

Yum, yum

Tried a new mix this morning, On The House. Its unimpressive, not much flavor.

-OGD BIB

-several dashes of hot sauce

-Worcestershire

-a healthy spoonful of horseradish

-several shakes of Tony's spicy seasoning

-garnished with a couple jalapeno stuffed olives

The jalapeno stuffed olives are a nice touch. Need to pick some up this week.

Tried a new mix this morning, On The House. Its unimpressive, not much flavor.

-OGD BIB

-several dashes of hot sauce

-Worcestershire

-a healthy spoonful of horseradish

-several shakes of Tony's spicy seasoning

-garnished with a couple jalapeno stuffed olives

Phil, have you tried using Mellow Corn yet?

Phil, have you tried using Mellow Corn yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone. I hope your weekend is going well.

-OGD 114

-V8 spicy juice

-a healthy pour of chipotle hot sauce

-southwest chipotle seasoning

-just a touch of lime juice

-garnished with a big thick slice of double smoked bacon from the local butcher shop

Opened up a new bottle of EWBIB, first in me coffee and now in my bloody mary, yum,yum.

My Bloody Mary recipe would probably bore you, because I came to what I like years ago, and that's pretty much how I do them. I did make an improvement last summer, when a lady on Google Plus suggested using Old Bay seasoning instead of salt and pepper. So here is my recipe:

Regular Bombay or Beefeater gin

V-8 juice

A good squeeze of fresh lemon

Tabasco and Lea & Perrins sauces

Old Bay Seasoning

A celery stalk if I have one

Tim

I had over forty years of vodka based bloody marys until I tried replacing it with Bourbon several months ago and I never looked back.

To me OGD114 is the best for this but any of the BIB's will do.

I had over forty years of vodka based bloody marys until I tried replacing it with Bourbon several months ago and I never looked back.

To me OGD114 is the best for this but any of the BIB's will do.

Pretty much the same for me. I've been using AAA, OGD BIB, or OGD 114

Good afternoon fellas. I've started the chipotle mix experimenting this afternoon, totally winging it here, just grabbed some stuff that i think will work together. Here's what is in it:

-92oz of tomato juice ( 2-46oz bottles)

-5oz chipotle hot sauce

-small can of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce. I rough cut the peppers

-a bunch of green onions. I rough cut the onions

-a small bunch of cilantro. Again, rough cut.

-the juice from 2 limes

-a healthy dose of beau monde seasoning

-a healthy dose of celery salt

I have put all of this together in a big pot on the stove and simmering on a low heat. I plan on letting it simmer for probably a half an hour, just to let all the different flavors a chance to mingle together.

Here in just a bit, I'll take it off the stove and let it cool. Then I'll strain it, rebottle it, refrigerate it. Test time will be tomorrow morning

Edited by Phil T

This is why I come to SB. To learn new ways to mess up my head.

I've always been a fan of Bloody Mary made with gin - usually Seagrams. I've used better brands, but they seem to get lost in the BldyM mix.

So today, after reading this post, I made a BldyM using OGB 144.

Damn, I never considered using bourbon before. I'm hooked now.

I'm also so f'd up, that the remainder of my day may consist of napping and watching golf.

Thanks SB ...

I've always been a fan of Bloody Mary made with gin - usually Seagrams. I've used better brands, but they seem to get lost in the BldyM mix.

I'm also so f'd up, that the remainder of my day may consist of napping and watching golf.

Thanks SB ...

That OGB 144 will get you every time.

Thanks SB ...

Damn straight, that's what Sunday afternoons are for.

I tried various vodka replacements in my Bloody Marys over the years, including Mellow Corn, but once I started using Tequila, I never looked back. I actually prefer a reposado for my Bloody Marias. 100% agave, natch.

I tried various vodka replacements in my Bloody Marys over the years, including Mellow Corn, but once I started using Tequila, I never looked back. I actually prefer a reposado for my Bloody Marias. 100% agave, natch.

Yep this is how I prefer to mine these days too. That earthiness just hits the spot for me.

When out and tequila options are poor I usually go for WT101

• 3 weeks later...

Gold morning everyone. Gonna bypass steak and eggs this morning, making breakfast burritos instead, and of course a bloody.

-homemade chipotle bloody mix

-SA corn whiskey

-couple shakes of Worcestershire

-dusted the rim with celery salt. Garnished with jalapeno stuffed olives and a thick slice of bacon

Gold morning everyone. Gonna bypass steak and eggs this morning, making breakfast burritos instead, and of course a bloody.

-homemade chipotle bloody mix

-SA corn whiskey

-couple shakes of Worcestershire

-dusted the rim with celery salt. Garnished with jalapeno stuffed olives and a thick slice of bacon

Never thought about celery salt, which I love on turkey sandwiches, thanks Phil. getting up off my butt and making one right now but with some VOB 6yr

Never thought about celery salt, which I love on turkey sandwiches, thanks Phil.

I picked up on that too, TT. I'm enjoying mine with the celery salt now, as well. :yum: Thanks from here too, Phil! Made mine with Dickel Corn Whiskey. I did make two extra pieces of bacon for the Sheltie...She'll be lucky to get one, though...:lol:

Hey Bill. Hey Joe.

The fun thing about perusing the cocktail threads, is I'm always learning something ! And dang it, I didn't know Dickel makes a corn whiskey. Thanks Joe!

Have you tried the 13th Colony corn whiskey Joe?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.