BOTM 7/14: Very Old Barton 100 proof/BIB

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a case of 90 proof No.6 handles in the spring back around the time of the label change. I liked it well enough at $19 a handle. My store looked high and low for BIB in GA, but it was not to be. As I am abroad, those bottles will become dusties (along with a case of Weller 12) before I can have chance to polish them off. Also in the mix are some BIB wheaters: OF and David Something 18xx. Maybe time will improve them.

Incidentally, Kentucky Gentleman KSBW is available here. I need to do a sidexside with the VOB 90.

Cheers

• jbutler unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

BIG BUMP.  Picked this thread instead of starting a new one.  VOB BIB changed its neck label by removing the "6" and replacing it with "100 proof".  Also, I had not noticed until I compared bottles that Barton dropped "Hand" from "Hand crafted" when it dropped the 6 year age statement and replaced it with "6".

But then, I pay more attention to what's inside my candy bars than I do to the wrappers.

Edit - Uh, I also just noticed the difference in fill levels.  Note that the later bottles are the same, but BOTH are slightly less than the age stated.  Coincidence?:unsure:

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Saw something after I posted.

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

BIG BUMP.  Picked this thread instead of starting a new one.  VOB BIB changed its neck label by removing the "6" and replacing it with "100 proof".  Also, I had not noticed until I compared bottles that Barton dropped "Hand" from "Hand crafted" when it dropped the 6 year age statement and replaced it with "6".

But then, I pay more attention to what's inside my candy bars than I do to the wrappers.

Edit - Uh, I also just noticed the difference in fill levels.  Note that the later bottles are the same, but BOTH are slightly less than the age stated.  Coincidence?:unsure:

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

BOTM threads stay in chronological order so you are not getting the "bump" from posting in the thread. You may want to post this somewhere else to get more eyeballs on it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.