bjhowell

What bottles to pick up in KY that are only available in KY

WhiskyRI

Not a typo. JWDant is definitely available - not sure for how much longer. But as of right now you can walk into Freeport and buy a bottle or three of it.

bullitt

Wish I'd had this information before my last trip to KY.

Ionnaeus

There were some engraved bottles at Beam that were labeled custom bottles that weren't picked up. Shouldn't be any more of those.

There were supposedly some "pint" bottles at Makers allegedly only available in Kentucky according to the tour guide but they acted like they had never heard of them in the gift shop 50' from the tasting room where she told us. 

MissourMan

My wife and I will be headed to Kentucky next month.  We've booked tours at Beam, Woodford, Wild Turkey, and Heaven Hill.  From this thread it looks like I might be stopping by a Liquor Barn.  Any new items to look for?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

PowderKeg

Early Times bib was readily found several places this weekend.  Party Mart (Brownsboro Rd & I-264) had a number of store picks including a 1792FP, Total Wine (Brownsboro Rd & I-265) is worth a stop before LB (at Springhurst, one exit south) to possibly save a few $$ on most. 

MissourMan
On 6/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, PowderKeg said:

Early Times bib was readily found several places this weekend.  Party Mart (Brownsboro Rd & I-264) had a number of store picks including a 1792FP, Total Wine (Brownsboro Rd & I-265) is worth a stop before LB (at Springhurst, one exit south) to possibly save a few $$ on most. 

Thanks for the tip.

briankeith513

Anyone know if the Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond 6 yr(white label) is still being sold in stores in KY?  None of the Liquor Barns that I've called have it anymore.

Paddy
9 hours ago, briankeith513 said:

Anyone know if the Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond 6 yr(white label) is still being sold in stores in KY?  None of the Liquor Barns that I've called have it anymore.

Yes, I still see it in multiple shops around the commonwealth.  Liquor Barn is Kentucky’s version of Disney, so they tend to run through it pretty quickly...

briankeith513
On 8/3/2018 at 7:36 PM, Paddy said:

Yes, I still see it in multiple shops around the commonwealth.  Liquor Barn is Kentucky’s version of Disney, so they tend to run through it pretty quickly...

Ok, thanks

Skinsfan1311
On 6/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, MissourMan said:

My wife and I will be headed to Kentucky next month.  We've booked tours at Beam, Woodford, Wild Turkey, and Heaven Hill.  From this thread it looks like I might be stopping by a Liquor Barn.  Any new items to look for?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Get a bottle of Old Tub at Beam. They're near the cash register and only available only available at Beam American Stillhouse, in Clermont. It's BIB and sold in 375 ml bottles. I think I paid around $18.00 for it. It's very good

PowderKeg
Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Get a bottle of Old Tub at Beam. They're near the cash register and only available only available at Beam American Stillhouse, in Clermont. It's BIB and sold in 375 ml bottles. I think I paid around $18.00 for it. It's very good

FYI, Total Wine in Louisville has had it every time I've been in the past couple years, think @ $16 for 375ml.  Been tempted but never pulled the plug (arms were always full of other stuff anyway).  May have to grab one on the next pilgrimage in Sept.

Edited by PowderKeg