Maker's Mark Cask Strength

joboyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If by the grace of God it makes it to my neck of the woods I'm ordering a Manhattan, hold the vermouth and bitters

If it's being released to bars, then it won't be gift shop only. That's a good sign we may see it retail. 112 proof means it may not be chill filtered. That in itself means more flavor and better texture. One observation about Makers in general; they only have two brands (regular Makers, and "46"). Both of those brands are available basically everywhere. We can hope they handle this the same way.

We can hope, we can plan, we can plot, we can bribe but it's every man for himself on the day they arrive.

I really want to do a SxS of this with the Japanese Gold Wax. After all isn't that basically what this is (Just released to the US market for the first time)?

Talk to us Bill, what do you know? I'd like to get in on a private selection!

I really want to do a SxS of this with the Japanese Gold Wax. After all isn't that basically what this is (Just released to the US market for the first time)?

The Bourbon Society here in Louisville is scheduled for the first private barrel selection later this year. So there should be opportunities for other selections later as well. it may be limited to mostly retailers, because I recall our barrel selection coordinator saying something about it being unique that we'd get to select one without being a retailer, but I could be wrong on that.

I wouldn't call it a reintroduction because the 101 gold wax expression was available in the U.S. some years ago as the premium (read more costly) of the Makers line.

Wow, so will this be available as a PBS?

I suppose so. Sounds like it anyway.

I find standard MM to be meh. It is something I can find when dining out for business but I always try to find something better. I have never tried MM46. However, this one sounds appealing.

MMCS - gotta be good or it wouldn't be offered by such a conservative distillery...it took 'em fifty years just to put a few extra French staves inside some already matured barrels (Maker's 46)...these are careful people. I'm looking forward to this one.

Ok.. Add me to the list of want to buy this one when it becomes available.. I will place a feeler out with my main go to liquor store.. Thanks for the heads up.

There are already private selections scheduled for it, so it should be available elsewhere.
Does anyone have idae of the release date for this??

I will ask Chris tomorrow. I think the barrel selection will be in September and they hope to have bottles by the end of the year.

I'm to lazy to read 3 pages of posts so if you will indulge me.

What is the age?

Oscar - got this 2nd hand from a friend who visited MM in May-June. All of the MM stuff is about 6-7 years.

For what it is worth.

I didn't mean t imply that this will be released at 101 proof,just that that is the most comparable bottle MM has released (to my knowledge). I'm definitely in for a bottle either way and look forward to doing a comparison with the Japanese release.

I don't think it is available yet. I bet there is an event around the KBF that is an official launch.

I want to try this even though I've never liked Maker's Mark. Any bourbon or whisky that is "barrel proof" automatically attracts me.

Just got the latest ambassador email and it says it will be available for tasting after tours and in the gift shop beginning Sept 1.

Here is the last line from the email...

"Cask Strength will be available for tasting as part of the tour experience and for purchase in the gift shop beginning Monday, September 1."

Edited by bigmzungu
Added quotation from email

Dear Ambassador,

As you know, we love company. Maybe it’s because the Marion County countryside around our distillery is so peaceful. (A little too peaceful, if you know what we mean.) Or maybe it’s because our distillery is so out of the way, we’re thrilled when people make the effort to find us.

Whatever the reason, we invite you to stop in. We’ll be happy to give you an up-close-and-personal look at our distillery, our handmade whisky and the dream that led to both.

If you’re able to pay us a visit, we invite you to taste a bit of Maker’s Mark® Cask Strength™ to see how this uncut and unfiltered version compares to the original while experiencing the kaleidoscope of shapes and colors of The Spirit of the Maker– our installation by renowned artist Dale Chihuly. The countless handblown glass pieces include deep browns and vibrant ambers emblematic of our bourbon, crystal blues that reflect the water from the distillery’s spring-fed lake and rich reds illustrative of the signature red wax that tops each handmade bottle.

I have to say, it’s the perfect backdrop for sipping the amplified flavors of Cask Strength. Cask Strength will be available for tasting as part of the tour experience and for purchase in the gift shop beginning Monday, September 1.

We hope to raise a glass of it with you here soon!

Cheers!

Rob_Samuels_Signature.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.