Maker's Mark Cask Strength

joboyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

本当にありがとう! :bowdown:

:slappin::slappin: Freakin post of the year Joe..:slappin::slappin:

Just bought some, limit 8 per person.

Hey dobro, Pull on over to the side of the road, crack that baby for a swig and give us your thoughts :grin:. Have heard less than positive mumblings on samples some were privileged to receive.

Yep, I'd get back on a 26 hour plane flight just to visit Makers again and pick up a few of these :)

KBF is only 2 weeks away Cam, we'd love to see you again :grin:

But not per car load, right?

Correct, he said that between my girlfriend and I we were allowed to purchase 16

Makers was the first bottle of bourbon I ever bought. I rarely drink it anymore, but look forward to trying this.

My local Beam guy was talking like some of this will not be just gift shop, that next week we might see some in Chicago....

My local Beam guy was talking like some of this will not be just gift shop, that next week we might see some in Chicago....
Edited by grantsi
spelling error

That would be great...if you see a bottle ( or two ) in Chicago, please PM me, I'd love to buy a bottle without driving 300 miles. Thanks

Yeah, I would probably pay $40 for a 375 ml just to try it. I am such a cheapo but still who knows how regular this offering will be. I think of it this way, assuming a 2 ounce pour at a bar, I will get about 6 pours for $40. That's about $7 per pour. My guess is that I won't see it in Indy. It won't make the shelf.

Yeah, I would probably pay $40 for a 375 ml just to try it. I am such a cheapo but still who knows how regular this offering will be. I think of it this way, assuming a 2 ounce pour at a bar, I will get about 6 pours for $40. That's about $7 per pour. My guess is that I won't see it in Indy. It won't make the shelf.

That's a great way to look at it - even if you see it in some local bar, you'll pay more there per ounce. Granted - you might only pay $12 for a 2oz pour and determine it isn't worth it, but why not have 5 more pours behind it to give it a proper study. You know - for science :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the KBF last week with Vosgar and we each bought a couple of bottles of MMCS at the distillery last Thursday. We weren't interested in a tour, so we didn't get to taste it first. Figured we'd take a chance. :rolleyes: A group of us were just hanging out at the GN Friday, and BourbonJoe opened up a bottle for us to try. Vosgar headed back to MM on Friday and grabbed us a few more. :grin: Thanks Joe and Gary! :cool:

I think it's pretty darned good. There's a sweetness on entry, but not overly so. It's something akin to cotton candy or candy corn. At mid palate it warms up nicely with some caramel and vanilla showing itself. The overall mouthfeel is fairly rich and surprisingly viscous. The finish is nice and long with the warmness continuing. Good stuff IMHO.

The future of the MMCS seems to be a bit cloudy. According to a representative at the distillery, bottles will only be available at the MM gift shop for the time being. They aren't sure if it will be an ongoing product at the distillery, and/or if they'll make it a permanent part of the MM product line. Time will tell. Hopefully they'll add it permanently, along with an appropriately adjusted price point.

Cheers! Joe

I was at the KBF last week with Vosgar and we each bought a couple of bottles of MMCS at the distillery last Thursday. We weren't interested in a tour, so we didn't get to taste it first. Figured we'd take a chance. :rolleyes: A group of us were just hanging out at the GN Friday, and BourbonJoe opened up a bottle for us to try. Vosgar headed back to MM on Friday and grabbed us a few more. :grin: Thanks Joe and Gary! :cool:

I think it's pretty darned good. There's a sweetness on entry, but not overly so. It's something akin to cotton candy or candy corn. At mid palate it warms up nicely with some caramel and vanilla showing itself. The overall mouthfeel is fairly rich and surprisingly viscous. The finish is nice and long with the warmness continuing. Good stuff IMHO.

The future of the MMCS seems to be a bit cloudy. According to a representative at the distillery, bottles will only be available at the MM gift shop for the time being. They aren't sure if it will be an ongoing product at the distillery, and/or if they'll make it a permanent part of the MM product line. Time will tell. Hopefully they'll add it permanently, along with an appropriately adjusted price point.

Cheers! Joe

Thanks for the note Joe. Sounds yummy.

Ok, I'll be opening one tonight too then. hahaha. Haven't bother to open it yet but now sound a little more excited to.

Cheers

x2, thank you for the impressions Joe. Going to be in the area this coming weekend but we simply don't have time to stop at Maker's. Wish we did... would grab one in a heartbeat.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.