About All Things Pappy/VanWinkle

wildcatdon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What is the latest on the stolen Pappy 20 and the 13 yr Rye? Anyone heard? Advertising ploy? Been a year hasn't it?

I vote to ban any new thread started with "pappy" in the title.

Disagree, there is nothing more entertaining than watching the inevitable thread death spiral created by "the new person who didn't introduce themselves looking to know where they can buy a bottle of Pappy."

The latest is probably found via Google search.

As my pappy, Daffy Duck, said, "It is to laugh." Thanks, p. BTW, didn't I see a smokinjoe post starting a thread that would put all pappy posts I one place?

This is that thread.

Well done, everyone. A Few quick points...

He didn't ask about where to buy pappy or how, he asked about an interesting story concerning a high level theft of a rare brand of bourbon. I'm sure that story was dismissed just as expertly then as it is now. I'm sure no one wanted to talk about it.

Of course you can find updates on Google. But he didn't ask google, he asked this forum. But keep up with this kind of typical smart ass attitude towards people, you might find them going to Google more often than coming here.

Cmon, guys.

Edited by SWC

He didn't ask about where to buy pappy or how, he asked about an interesting story concerning a high level theft of a rare brand of bourbon. I'm sure that story was dismissed just as expertly then as it is now. I'm sure no one wanted to talk about it.

Of course you can find updates on Google. But he didn't ask google, he asked this forum. But keep up with this kind of typical smart ass attitude towards people, you might find them going to Google more often than coming here.

Cmon, guys.

Who made you the boss of these people?Nobody knows anything or they'd probably tell him. This is a pace for fun. I doubt the OP got his feelings hurt but if he did he can sit on the crybaby bench right next to you. Cheers.

Cmon, guys.

There is nothing to update here because people have grown bored of the entire Van Winkle saga and cycle. My suggestion that Google would be a source of information wasn't a brush off, it was the truth as the topic dried up here a while ago.

The most recent "news" hit I could find via a quick search was back in May and, incidentally, it coincided with the running of the Kentucky Derby.

There is nothing to update here because people have grown bored of the entire Van Winkle saga and cycle. My suggestion that Google would be a source of information wasn't a brush off, it was the truth as the topic dried up here a while ago.

The most recent "news" hit I could find via a quick search was back in May and, incidentally, it coincided with the running of the Kentucky Derby.

Au contraire my fellow SB member. Not only do I continue to be interested in "everything" Van Winkle, but so do many others in the community as this thread has attracted almost 400 views since it's inception just a couple days ago. The more VW chat the better as far as I'm concerned and here's to ongoing contributions to the intriguing VW saga.

Au contraire my fellow SB member. Not only do I continue to be interested in "everything" Van Winkle, but so do many others in the community as this thread has attracted almost 400 views since it's inception just a couple days ago. The more VW chat the better as far as I'm concerned and here's to ongoing contributions to the intriguing VW saga.

And your recent revival of old VW threads that had not seen action in some time to is a testament to your dedication.

This is that thread.

NO!! I don't believe it.:slappin:

Quick question... Is the Pappy 13 year old rye still Stitzel Weller Juice?

Unless this is a "trick" question and I'm too slow to realize it, I think that all Van Winkle Rye is either COK or Bernheim, or a blend there of. None of it was made at SW? Now if the question actually is whether the 13 yr rye is now made at BT, that is another question entirely for which I have no idea.

Unless this is a "trick" question and I'm too slow to realize it, I think that all Van Winkle Rye is either COK or Bernheim, or a blend there of. None of it was made at SW? Now if the question actually is whether the 13 yr rye is now made at BT, that is another question entirely for which I have no idea.

Did S-W ever even make a rye?

It has long been supposed that it was a 50/50 blend of Medley rye from Owensboro and Cream of Kentucky rye from the old Bernheim distillery in Louisville. Harlan Wheatley has noted recently in public forums that at least some BT rye has been getting mixed into the blend for a few years although how long that has been the case and percentages were not revealed, at least to me. So I suppose that makes it a blend of three ryes at present.

http://whiskyadvocate.com/whisky/2012/06/11/whats-in-that-bottle-of-van-winkle-anyway/

As noted it will be all BT rye at some point in the presumably near future.

SW produced some ryes (also gin and and brandy) in a time long ago and far away but none in recent memory.

Had 2013 PVW 13 next to Rhetoric and 4R 2014 1BLE. Found more complexity in PVW than I remembered from 2012, but it still didn't knock my socks off. I found Rhetoric to be pretty similar to the PVW, and liked the 4R better than either of the others.

Had 2013 PVW 13 next to Rhetoric and 4R 2014 1BLE. Found more complexity in PVW than I remembered from 2012, but it still didn't knock my socks off. I found Rhetoric to be pretty similar to the PVW, and liked the 4R better than either of the others.

Do you mean the Rye?

• fishnbowljoe unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.