Cohiba: anyone ever heard of them?

BSS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Up front I am not a big cigar smoker and I don't know much about cigars. My brother went to South America and on his trip he picked up two COHIBA cigars. The are not in a box or anything so I have no discription of what they came in, not so sure you want something that says "Fine Cuban Cigars" when you go through customs. They do have a red and white band around each of them that says "COHIBA"(the name), "La Habana,Cuba"(city), it also has a very small tabacco leaf that says "CUBATABACO"(thats the spelling on it) and "DE EUJA"(can't read it all that well). Well to make a long story short, has anyone ever heard of these and are they any good?

If you actually have Cuban-made Cohiba's, they are among the world's greatest cigars. And, I think that is what you have.

Even the non-Cuban one's have a pretty good reputation.

Tim

Unfortunatley, odds are you have counterfeit cigars. Cuban Cohibas are the #1 most counterfeited cigars in the market. Unless you are able to obtain them from an impeccable source, your chances of getting a fake cuban Cohiba cigar are extremely high. frown.gif

Fake cubans can be some nasty business, with hair and feces puke.gif not being uncommon components of "farm rolled" cigars.

That said, if they are genuine, prepare yourself for one of the best cigar experiences available.

You mean my Siglo VI aren't supposed to have chunks of cow manure and human hair interlaced with the finest tobacco on earth? Damn!

-Brian confused.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.