What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on OGD 114 for $20. Only temporarily though, I will definitely grab a couple before the month ends.

Left about 6 HW A Midwinters Night Dram on the shelf. Act 2-3 for those keeping track at home.

Parker's Heritage Promise of Hope for $99.99. The price isn't bad but I am not in the market for it. If any Indy area folks are interested in the location, I can share via PM.

Passed in a Bookers 25th in favor of a WT Diamond #mistake....

I agree with the #mistake. My guy at my bottle shop said he would call me when it went 50% off.

I agree with the #mistake. My guy at my bottle shop said he would call me when it went 50% off.

Going to give a shot at exchanging it tomorrow. May not work but at least I will

Have tried.

Passed in a Bookers 25th in favor of a WT Diamond #mistake....

Why do you call it a mistake?

Why do you call it a mistake?

After pouring a WT101 and WTRB tonight and not enjoying either I'm expecting I wouldn't like the Diamond either. I know I like the Bookers profile OTOH.

Passed on ETL today while out searching for BTAC. It seems like the stores that didn't get a BTAC allocation got a case of ETL.

Passed on some Michter's Toasted Barrel Finish Bourbon today for $42. Seems intriguing, but haven't heard anything about it and didn't feel like gambling today.

Passed on ETL today while out searching for BTAC. It seems like the stores that didn't get a BTAC allocation got a case of ETL.

I hope that isn't the case because ETL has been popping up all over NJ.

While calling around last night, I found a store that still had a batch 5 (or older, since I'm told batch 6 hasn't hit MI yet). Guy was asking $69.99 for it ($20 over MI state minimum). I told him that was too much of a mark up for me. Honestly though, I may drive over there after work tonight and just bite the bullet if its still on the shelf.

Passed on the latest ECBP at 140 proof with a $60 price tag. I'm debating going back. I'm just coming around to liking the lower proof bottles I have.

A 2014 GTS for $500 that the retailer claimed the price was that high because the distributor was charging that much. Called a separate retailer (who'd unfortunately just sold out) and he confirmed the standard price. BTW - The BTAC appears to be hitting DC now.

A 2014 GTS for $500 that the retailer claimed the price was that high because the distributor was charging that much. Called a separate retailer (who'd unfortunately just sold out) and he confirmed the standard price. BTW - The BTAC appears to be hitting DC now.

yeah, there a few stores (two that are owned, I think, by the same guy) that have just outrageous prices. I can't believe they sell any bottles at that price.

yeah, there a few stores (two that are owned, I think, by the same guy) that have just outrageous prices. I can't believe they sell any bottles at that price.

This was not one of those stores, I think (I'm pretty sure I know which two you're referring to). I'd gotten some Willetts there earlier this year at good prices, so figured that they'd be a good place to try for BTAC, but when they called and told me $500, I politely declined!

Passed up WT Diamond Anniversary @ $105 in Montgomery county. Solid discount off MSRP, but the price would need to be about $50 or $60 before I considered taking a leap.

CETHSB @ $79. Just so many other bottles that I enjoy more for half the cost and the WT Diamond for $150. Can't do it for 90 proof.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!