What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well dagum maybe have to go back see if they are still there. The distributor was there said I should grab them as they were allocated

One of my bigger stores had a ton of those for $45 and OWA for $53 last time I was there. I just went for a 750ml of each.

Decided to pass on Blood Oath today. Very cool bottle and packaging but can't fathom spending $86 for a blend of unnamed sourced whiskey.

Been refreshing this thread hoping to see that post. Thanks bigmzungu.

Same store: OWA is 39.99 and ETL is 37.99.

I guess poor man's pappy syndrome (PMPS) is spreading, since I would figure ETL to be the higher price bottle under normal circumstances.

Same store: OWA is 39.99 and ETL is 37.99.

I guess poor man's pappy syndrome (PMPS) is spreading, since I would figure ETL to be the higher price bottle under normal circumstances.

That's crazy. I can find OWA pretty easily at MI State Min of $25. Can't find W12 though unless I want to pay $50 on the secondary market. Plenty of WSR to be had.

Someone on my instagram feed (just checked, it was @bourbonsippers) posted about PMP earlier today.

Passed up a lot because I'm already well stocked but really passed up EC12 because of price. $69.99 for a 1.75 and $39.99 for a 750 in SC. It's $49.99 and $29.99 in NC at regular price and $24 and $44 on sale. The price on this has jumped drastically in the last month!

I am struggling with my WN. There is a bottle of RHF for 42.99 that is hard not to buy just because it is a pretty good price, and it is also hard to deal with bottles of ETL at 37.99 on the shelf, since that is a good price for where I am and who knows when I will see it again.

I already have a mostly-full RHF and two unopened ETLs. I don't need more whiskey, and yet is it hard not to keep buying.

It's a disease.

I'm very proud of myself for driving through Cincinnati, down through Lexington, out into the Red River Gorge and back this weekend without stopping at a single liquor store. I just don't need to stock up on anything.

I'm very proud of myself for driving through Cincinnati, down through Lexington, out into the Red River Gorge and back this weekend without stopping at a single liquor store. I just don't need to stock up on anything.

You are in transition from WN to bourbon zen. Congratulations.

Was in Manhattan this weekend from Canada. First time in a while I've gotten to see the craze of the bourbon boom up close. Very hard to pass at these prices but I exercised tremendous willpower:

ETL 299.99

ECBP 128 - 100

Old Rip 10 - 999.99

I did leave the weekend with 2 ETL's; 2 OWA 1 L; and 1 FRSB PS for Canals but I all at what I considered regular retail

Passed on a few JW Dant BIB liter bottles that were reasonably priced but may go back and scoop 'em up for summer parties headed this way.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!