What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's day 4 of fall, I couldn't post in the summer thread without lying to myself.

Passed up all three (so far) Orphan Barrel releases, WT Diamond, ECBP, ETL, and baby Saz. It's nice to see some of the better "normal" bottles remaining in stock around these parts. Maybe the hoarders are pausing in anticipation of fall releases.

Passed on the Beam Quarter Cask. Not too fond of the previous signature releases or Beam in general but thought about it for a minute.

Passed on Old Barterhouse and Rhetoric, both sitting on the main shelf in a larger chain in the Indy area. Passing on these is not note worthy but I also passed on a few bottles of OWA. I might go back and get one soon. Meanwhile, if any Indy area folks are looking, PM me and I tell you were they are.

Passed on the sourced whiskey that Detroit City Distillery is selling at their place but did have a nice cocktail with it.

Best regards, Tony

Passed on WT Diamond for $150. I'm not certain I would take it home for half that price.

I am too. In fact, one of the managers at the store I frequently visit said he wouldn't surprised to see it hit close out prices.

Edited by Mardbrown

I was in the lower thumb yesterday inspecting a lab. I went to an old honey hole.

I passed on PHC 2, 3, 5, 6, a ORWV 10 at $150, a VWSR Lot B at $250, and some WT American Spirit at $120. Unfortunately they did not have any PHC 1 or 4.

The last time I was there about a decade ago, it was flush with great bourbon at now bargain prices.

I was in the lower thumb yesterday inspecting a lab. I went to an old honey hole.

I passed on PHC 2, 3, 5, 6, a ORWV 10 at $150, a VWSR Lot B at $250, and some WT American Spirit at $120. Unfortunately they did not have any PHC 1 or 4.

The last time I was there about a decade ago, it was flush with great bourbon at now bargain prices.

Passed on a 1.75L of Larceny at Costco. I almost took it since there was a $20 rebate which would bring it down to $12.99 + tax but then I saw it expired already.

post-11296-14489821495752_thumb.jpg

post-11296-14489821496197_thumb.jpg

if theyre expired already, then those were 2013 bottles. the '14 rebates expire oct 1 2014.

wonder if they'll continue the rebates again? i was surprised they did it again this year. a $20 rebate on a $40 bottle of damn good bourbon is stupid good....

Passed on a 1.75L of Larceny at Costco. I almost took it since there was a $20 rebate which would bring it down to $12.99 + tax but then I saw it expired already.

Even without the rebate, $32.99 for a 1.75L is a great price!

Even without the rebate, $32.99 for a 1.75L is a great price!

fantastic price, and it would even over rule my disdain of 1.75L sized bottles and end up in my cart. maybe even a few of 'em!

Passed on some Parkers Heritage POH @ $120, store select ER 10, and Makers Mark CS

Edited by big pete

Passed on EC23 for $203 out the door. Best price I've seen but still couldn't pull the trigger. Is rather invest that in EC12 or ECBP if I ever find any.

Passed on the new Michter's Toasted Barrel finish. I've never had any Michter's, so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to and tend to not want to spend money on a company who tries to hide the fact that they don't actually make the whiskey.

Passed on the new Michter's Toasted Barrel finish. I've never had any Michter's, so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to and tend to not want to spend money on a company who tries to hide the fact that they don't actually make the whiskey.
Yeah, I passed on that too.

Knob Creek Barrel Strength on sale for $40 caught my eye but the cart was already too full. Maybe next time.

Knob Creek Barrel Strength on sale for $40 caught my eye but the cart was already too full. Maybe next time.

Somebody went shopping for their birthday

Passed on BT White Dog mash #1, rye, and wheated @ $16, last year's PHC @$120, and EWSB 03 @ $29. Nebraska stores had good selection, some of the prices were too high. Thought about the white dog choices, decided to pass for now.

Passed on OGD 114 for $20. Only temporarily though, I will definitely grab a couple before the month ends.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!