What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2014

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

New-label Rittenhouse. Outstanding rye, elegant flavour, soft texture despite the 100 proof, as perfect as can be and better than earlier bottlings (DSP 33, DSP 354).

Gary

Plain old (1) Baby Saz, from Saz, so I could make myself a badly-needed Saz.

Over the past few weeks, I was also fortunate enough to pick up a:

(2) VWFRR (bottled Dec 2013 for whoever keeps up with such things);

(3) Saz 18; and

(4) THH.

I plan on having them fight for my love over Christmas.

Plain old (1) Baby Saz, from Saz, so I could make myself a badly-needed Saz.

Over the past few weeks, I was also fortunate enough to pick up a:

(2) VWFRR (bottled Dec 2013 for whoever keeps up with such things);

(3) Saz 18; and

(4) THH.

I plan on having them fight for my love over Christmas.

Picked up my first new version of Wild Turkey 101. At $39, it was a little pricier than I was hoping but haven't seen much around you got to have Turkey on Thanksgiving, right?

High West Double Rye. One finished in a bourbon barrel and one finished in a Campfire barrel.

Have you cracked those open yet? Binny's has 5 or 6 different finished Double or Rendezvous Ryes that I was eyeing this weekend.

Have you cracked those open yet? Binny's has 5 or 6 different finished Double or Rendezvous Ryes that I was eyeing this weekend.

Thy do indeed have quite a few. Wish they had a bit more detail on the website about each one.

Jumped on the MWND bandwagon today. Act 2.1

Drinking it now. May have to add some more, rather tasty, and holiday-ish.

B

I came across a Baby Saz marked down to $23.99, and couldn't pass it up even though I have a few bottles bunkered already. Also saw a Whistlepig store bottling, and caved on that one as well.

Mrs. Mosugoji decided to do some Xmas shopping for me when she ran across some items while on vacation that we haven't seen at home: Whistlepig, Whistlepig Boss Hog, and a Willett 7yr rye. Looks like it will be a tasty holiday. :cool:

I came across a Baby Saz marked down to $23.99, and couldn't pass it up even though I have a few bottles bunkered already.

Had the same situation a couple of months ago, only the price was $24.99. How could I not buy it at that price?

Yes, it's been sitting on the shelves for a while.

I remember the bottler suggesting there would be a 15yr release of this, obviously in 2016. I wonder if the 13s will be off the shelves by then. People will probably have even less tolerance for $110+ bottles by that point, given the way things seem to be going.

Had the same situation a couple of months ago, only the price was $24.99. How could I not buy it at that price?

After 3 years of searching combined with an unwillingness to pay secondary market prices, tonight I finally purchased Sazerac 18.

After 3 years of searching combined with an unwillingness to pay secondary market prices, tonight I finally purchased Sazerac 18.

Did you find it in Ohio or out of state?

Did you find it in Ohio or out of state?

Ky, in a lottery. Ohio has gotten tiny allotments the past few years, but always going to a select few restaurants/bars. Although, I have yet to see any from fall '14 release at Century Bar.

First time I've seen Baby Saz on the shelf here in 2 years at least. Grabbed 2 and left 1 for the next lucky sole. Guy at the counter said they got one case only just yesterday late afternoon.

Pulled the trigger on a Collingwood 21yr enroute to a business dinner. I hate having to check my carry-on bag, but for $50 I couldn't pass it up (again). Plus, figured this would be the easiest bottle to fold into a couple sets of clothes quickly without much risk of it breaking!

I picked up a Willett 8 year old 116 proof. It was on the shelf with a $43 price, so I grabbed the both of them. At the register ( I knew it was too good to be true) she pronounced them at $89 each. Plus tax. :skep:

Price check showed the $43 price indeed on the shelf. OH, we can't sell it for that. Offered it to me at $76, so I figured I'd take just the one. I sure hope its a good LDI vintage ;-)

Pulled the trigger on a Collingwood 21yr enroute to a business dinner. I hate having to check my carry-on bag, but for $50 I couldn't pass it up (again). Plus, figured this would be the easiest bottle to fold into a couple sets of clothes quickly without much risk of it breaking!

Welcome to the Cologne Club!

Picked up a High West MWND act 2.1 today and will be picking up a Rendezvous Rye store pick tomorrow. Obviously a rye week for me!

Accidentally posted this in the bourbon thread earlier, it belongs here......

Much thanks to the very kind SB member who helped me secure this bottle:

post-10727-14489821785492_thumb.jpg

Accidentally posted this in the bourbon thread earlier, it belongs here......

Much thanks to the very kind SB member who helped me secure this bottle:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19917[/ATTACH]

Seems the Sazerac 18 was pulled from the tank in the spring this year too! I need to look at the one lonely 2014 I got this year and see if mine also says spring!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!