What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2014

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Seems the Sazerac 18 was pulled from the tank in the spring this year too! I need to look at the one lonely 2014 I got this year and see if mine also says spring!

Picked up a Ritt BiB DSP 354 today while out house hunting. Finding a good local liquor store is definitely points in this town's favor.

Was at the local store to enter the Van Winkle raffle and showed my support for the store by bringing home a Babe Saz.

Picked up a Ritt BiB DSP 354 today while out house hunting. Finding a good local liquor store is definitely points in this town's favor.

Is the DSP 354 stuff better than the "new" label DSP 1?

I was reading some notes that the "new" Rittenhouse tasted better, at least the very recent bottles found on the shelf.

I was reading some notes that the "new" Rittenhouse tasted better, at least the very recent bottles found on the shelf.

Was at the local store to enter the Van Winkle raffle and showed my support for the store by bringing home a Babe Saz.

I went to Total Wine yesterday to pick up a web order and while there snagged another Sazerac Rye. It's plentiful at the moment, but I remember earlier in the year when it couldn't be found so I'm slowly stocking up here and there.

Came across one lone bottle of Ritt 354, $21.49...it is going home with me

Came across one lone bottle of Ritt 354, $21.49...it is going home with me

I actually found myself one of those too; a bit steeper at $25 out the door.

After getting luck this year picking up THH and Saz 18 at retail it was tough to pony up $70 for a Willet 6yr but bit the bullet anyway.

Grabbed a local SAOS 8yr 122 proof rye; waiting for my liver to rest up before trying it out, but in this day and age - barrel proof, 8 yr rye for $50 is a steal! And I've yet to come across a SAOS rye I did not like :)

Grabbed a local SAOS 8yr 122 proof rye; waiting for my liver to rest up before trying it out, but in this day and age - barrel proof, 8 yr rye for $50 is a steal! And I've yet to come across a SAOS rye I did not like :)

Not a steal at all. Just a fair and reasonable price from a company that I want to continue to purchase whiskey from! And a clear indication that other companies need to reevaluate $70 6yo ryes they are putting on the market. A pretty label is only worth so much... :slappin:

Grabbed a Rendezvous Rye with the U-Stave finish - Binny's pick. First taste was pretty nice tonight.

Very fortunate to have brought this one home today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20003[/ATTACH]

Nice score hanging there with some pretty cool friends!

Nice score hanging there with some pretty cool friends!

I had a good limited release season. A fellow SB member helped me track down the Saz18 and a coworker traveling out of state located the VWFRR for me (as well as a Lot B) to really cap it off. This is my first ever bottle of the VWFRR so I'm pretty jazzed.

The VWFRR is my favorite rye. Just outstanding imho. I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of bottles, one of which will be opened soon to celebrate the final season of "Justified" which starts soon.

The VWFRR is my favorite rye. Just outstanding imho. I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of bottles, one of which will be opened soon to celebrate the final season of "Justified" which starts soon.

You have managed to up my expectations for this one. I tried it twice at a bar a year ago and really liked it (more so than most ryes) so I'm really looking forward to getting to know it over the course of an entire bottle.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!