What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2014

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

First time trying this one Sazerac Rye $30. Is this a good one?

Yesterday I picked up a SAOS 8-Yr Single Barrel Rye at Stadium Liquor; looking forward to this one.

It's only good if you like it.

It's only good if you like it.

True, but it's nice to see what other's think as well.:grin:

Baby Saz was my introduction to rye. Loved it from the very first pour and is always on the bar or in the bunker.

I tried to see what all the rye fuss was about a couple years ago and picked up a baby Saz. I haven't had a pour of any rye since then, it's not my thing. Still have a near full bottle for guests though. Or to bring to tastings. Note to self for next Dallas tasting hah.

Bought my first bottle of baby Saz last week. It was just ok to me. Nothing really stood out for me. Gonna revisit down the road

Different strokes for different folks, but for me Sazerac rye is a wonderful product. When I use it to make a Sazerac cocktail the Heavens open up, the seas part, and I light up in a big smile. It is hard to get in these parts but I have one open and three back ups ready for their call to the bigs.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my hands on a bottle of SAOS BP Rye. 8yrs / 120ish proof. I paid a little bit of a premium, but this is the only one I've ever seen around here and it was still cheaper than having one shipped. Pretty excited to crack it open.

Different strokes for different folks, but for me Sazerac rye is a wonderful product. When I use it to make a Sazerac cocktail the Heavens open up, the seas part, and I light up in a big smile. It is hard to get in these parts but I have one open and three back ups ready for their call to the bigs.

Picked up two bottles of MWND and one bottle of Willett 6 year.

Both the 4 year and 6 year were $50. I went with the 6 year.

Been drinking baby saz a lot, this weekend for a bottle of leopold bros. Maryland rye and Hudson rye to give them a shot. Gonna crack at least one today

Yesterday I picked up a Rittenhouse DSP 354 and the new Jim Beam Rye; also the JB Signature High Rye Bourbon.

SAOS BP ryes are here for $50 for the 7 year and $58 for the 8 year. both come from the same place.....

I grabbed an 8 year in KY for $45 this week. Opened it tonight and it is awesome. Obviously, MGPI rye but the price and product are excellent! It was the only one on the shelf but I will go back to the store to see if if I can find more when I return to the area this week.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!