What rye are you drinking Fall/Winter 2014?

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Decided to finish the SA TPS 8yr 121.6 proof that has been open for awhile. Good to the last drop.

Given the recent onset of full on November weather, I've been into the "Pig" the last two days. Yeah, most likely just getting started, because it looks like it's going to be a long winter.

Finally finished off my McKenzie Rye. A really great drink and a good value. I will look to get more, especially if they age it even longer.

First taste of the Willett 2-year. Definitely a little harsh around the edges but lots of rye flavor and I was getting a little fresh mint on the finish which I enjoyed.

Baby Saz and Willett 4 year. Two excellent ryes.

Im also enjoying a Willett 4 year rye. Never fills me up, never lets me down.

A Midwinter Nights Dram Act 1, paired with a Vegafina Sumum, out by the fire on a balmy 73 degree evening ...:crazy: Mood fire...

The MND is a wonderful whiskey. I like the richness that the finishing in port and FO barrels add. Personally though, I think it could use even more finishing time to further mute the mintiness of the base Rondezvous Rye. Maybe, the next Acts will? Just my own musings here, as this is still excellent whiskey, and thoroughly enjoyable.

A cold, cold rain on a Friday night leads me to reach for a rye. Figured I'd start off with 3 fingers of the WP and see how it goes.

Pour of HW Midwinter Night's Dram. I see where Joe is going - I think it would be very interesting if this finished longer, although I think the mintiness that it maintains helps add to that "Christmas in a bottle" profile. Just continue to love what High West is putting out - yummy stuff! :yum:

Love the AMND, but was craving something a bit bolder, so switching gears to some Redemption BP, batch 3. BAM - delivers!

Pour of HW Midwinter Night's Dram. I see where Joe is going - I think it would be very interesting if this finished longer, although I think the mintiness that it maintains helps add to that "Christmas in a bottle" profile. Just continue to love what High West is putting out - yummy stuff! :yum:

Agreed Country. The mintiness needs to be there to a degree, for sure. Now, just to figure out how much. :toast:

Had a High West Rendevoux Rye last night. A mixture of 6 and 16 y/o ryes aged in four roses casks. Absolutely stunning whiskey.

Joe :usflag:

Did a SBS with Few Spirits rye and Willett 2 yr 109 proof. The Few was a little more nuanced and herbal, but also had some new-make notes to it. The Willett was surprising good and mature for its age, it'll be cool to see how the subsequent releases transform with additional afe

Havng a little Rittenhouse BiB since I'm stocked up on it now. Nice, though definitely "bourbon-y" compared to some others.

Sipping on a Glencairn of Bulleit rye with just a few drops of water. It is a beautiful after dinner drink with all the mint in it. My local had it for $19.95 all summer and I wasn't bright enough to grab a case before the price jumped about three bucks. That high rye MGP does it for me every time regardless if it is Bulleit, Dickel, or High West.

Baby Saz after din-din. Everything about this whiskey makes me happy. Except I guess, it ain't the easiest to find on a consistent basis. But, the long bottle neck makes it easy to quickly snatch when I do see it sitting on the shelf! :D

Trying the JEP 1776 Rye for the first time. The nose gives away its youth, but young MGP is surprisingly good on the palate.

Had my first pour of HW's MWD last night. My oh my this is a most excellent rye. No doubt I need to get another bottle for the bunker.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!