What rye are you drinking Fall/Winter 2014?

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Baby Saz watching the news and all of the political ads. The day after the elections cannot get here fast enough.

Having some of a vatting I did last week in a 375ml bottle, Collingwood 21 year rye (60%) and OS 7y rye (40%). Very good.

Had some WFE 6yr MGPI at Barrel Proof last night. Texturally this barrel seems a lot thinner and less creamy than the 4yr and 5yr MGPIs that I had have. Are they chill filtering now?

Baby Saz after din-din. Everything about this whiskey makes me happy. Except I guess, it ain't the easiest to find on a consistent basis. But, the long bottle neck makes it easy to quickly snatch when I do see it sitting on the shelf! :D

One of the greatest things here in NOLA is that Baby saz is everywhere including the grocery store.

I've been neglectful lately of rye. To remedy that, round two for the night is a nice pour of Handy. Splash of water to soften the rough edges, and it is fine.

B

One of the greatest things here in NOLA is that Baby saz is everywhere including the grocery store.

That IS a great thing!

Another great thing in comparison, will be Jan-April weather. :D

:toast:

That IS a great thing!

Another great thing in comparison, will be Jan-April weather. :D

RITTBIB, RITTBIB, and another RITTBIB. Real frustrating work day. What's the say "it's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys"

d0acd5de96996051922f92781c136194.jpg

Highly recommend it if you ever pass through town.

B

Hard to imagine a better rye flight than that! Nicely done.

d0acd5de96996051922f92781c136194.jpg

Highly recommend it if you ever pass through town.

B

Aaand, up by 7 and posting! Yes!

Opened a fresh baby Saz last night. Not sure if it was me or the bottle. But it seemed off compared to bottles in the past. It was more like LDI rye than the Saz of my memory.

Odd

B

Tonight it's Willett 4 yr. Not great but good. Start is better than the finish. Picked it up this summer for around 35. That is where it should stay.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!