What rye are you drinking Fall/Winter 2014?

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another couple pours of Blanton's tonight ... not sure what I'll move too next. Got a store select 9 year old scout that looks like it's calling my name.

MWND last night. At first I thought the wine was too much, but after some air time I really enjoyed it. Interesting combination of flavors.

Finished off the SAOS 7yr and then put a major dent in the RITTBIB. Will empty it today and most likely move to bourbon for the rest of the weekend.

MWND last night. At first I thought the wine was too much, but after some air time I really enjoyed it. Interesting combination of flavors.

I felt the same way about the port finish on my pour last night. It was such an unusual taste for rye that I wasn't quite sure what to think. My girlfriend loved it, but I moved on to some Laphroaig to match the ghoulish holiday. I'm going to revisit it again tonight. You know, for science.

Earlier to night I started with some HW MWND 2.1, not bad at all, but u can taste the LDI rye over everything to me.

I do like it though and think it a must try Rye.

While I do often come home after a long day of work craving bourbon or rye, I rarely come home craving a specific whiskey. But tonight, I literally sat during my commute home craving VWFRR. Fortunately, from my one 2012 bottle, I am still able to satisfy such a craving. This is one whiskey that truly lives up to the hype. Just an outstanding whiskey.

post-8215-14489821658565_thumb.jpg

Some disappointing baby Saz. Doesn't taste anything like previous bottles. More like a classic LDI profile. Sigh.....

B

Last night opened up the one bottle of Saz18 I have been holding on to- it's a 2012. Large 3 finger pour after a long day and it set me straight good.

Last night I opened the 13th Colony for the second time. This has improved the last couple of days and is even mo better than the first couple of pours. Just seems smoother.

Had some 2014 and 2011 THH earlier to compare. The 2014 is definitely a bit hotter and has a bit more edge to it than the 2011, although some air time might change all that. Still a lovely, brazen, feisty whiskey!

Great day of college football and cold weather = celebrate with a little rye whiskey! :yum:

Started of with some '12 Lot 40 and moved on to baby Saz.

Had my first pours of 12 Lot 40. The proof is lower than I normally prefer but the unique taste compared to my normal ryes more than made up for it.

I left quite a few bottles on the shelf so I'm thinking a return visit is in order for some back up.

Watched the end of the Badger game with Baby Saz. I need to go back and get another before they become hard to find.

I'm with you. Way too cold too early down here. 15 yesterday morning and a warm 28 this morning.

Finished off my first bottle of 13th Colony last night. Better than I thought it would be. Working on finishing the 12 Lot 40. It is good as we'll but just to smooth for me. I enjoy a little bite

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!