What rye are you drinking Fall/Winter 2014?

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Smooth Ambler 7 yr rye. Didn't like it before, still don't like it

i wasnt a rye fan, until I bought one of these, at barrel proof. I enjoy it more with each pour.

i wasnt a rye fan, until I bought one of these, at barrel proof. I enjoy it more with each pour.

I'm dying to crack mine open, but it looks so nice next to my other unopened barrel-proofs. I may have to pick up another.

I am enjoying the new Beam 90 proof rye. I'm going to buy a case. I really like it and also think it is a perfect cocktail proof when I am in that mood too.

Started with HW Rendezvous, followed with HW MWND. It nice to taste the before and after.

Trying a different batch of the 2-year-old Willett rye (this one is 107.7 proof) and I'm not liking this one as much as an earlier batch I tried (possibly the 1st batch? 109.4 I bought back in June). This one's strictly a mixer for me, I think. The nose has a chemical note that is off-putting.

Started with HW Rendezvous, followed with HW MWND. It nice to taste the before and after.

I never got a chance to try the MWND.

I never got a chance to try the MWND.

The MWND is pretty good. The port wine finish adds some nice flavors to the Rendezvous profile.

The MWND is pretty good. The port wine finish adds some nice flavors to the Rendezvous profile.

Nice to know, maybe someone around here (UT) might have some to share.

Willett 4yr 110 proof rye while sittin' out by a blazing fire in the outdoor fireplace on a cool damp night. I can't say that I have found anything special yet in the many MGPI bourbons I've tried, but their rye is simply a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. And, it shines in all the NDP iterations it is in. Especially, this youngish Willett bottling. There's nothing like the MGPI rye, and I love it. It's not my "favorite" rye, but it may be the most distinctive rye I know.

Like you Joe I have moved on to some Willett Rye, but it's an 8y old BS. (By a fire) Very good.

post-9285-1448982212809_thumb.jpg

Finished off my bottle of Rendezvous Rye. It really developed positively over time.

I took my wife out for a belated birthday dinner to a local steakhouse. Since she was drinking, which is rare, I decided to join her. I rarely drink at restaurants and when I do, it is usually beer. However, tonight I opted for a pour of Bone Snapper rye. Nothing exceptional but not bad for a 2-year old MGPI rye. Following it up at home with HWDR.

Ended Pi day with a hefty pour of A Midwinter Night's Dram. Not the most complex rye I've ever had, but good lord is it quaffable! Gotta watch myself around that one . . .

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!