A Midwinters Night Dram - variation by Act?

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As this is now being released nationally, curious if anyone has had a chance to taste multiple "Acts", and if so - if they've noticed any variation. Because if there is, we have to geek out to find out which is the BEST one, right? ;)

Absolutely. Let me know when you see it locally and I'll help accumulate the "sample population".

Absolutely. Let me know when you see it locally and I'll help accumulate the "sample population".

I haven't seen it here, but saw Mark pick one up recently (assuming that was local). Hoping he can make it out in November - maybe Mr. Perkins will have a bottle and we could setup a three-way . . . of the whiskey (just to be clear)

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't seen it here, but saw Mark pick one up recently (assuming that was local). Hoping he can make it out in November - maybe Mr. Perkins will have a bottle and we could setup a three-way . . . of the whiskey (just to be clear)

I have Act 1 and have seen Act 2.3 and possibly 2.4 around town. Have only tried the Act 1 bottle so far.

Have you found any yet? It's all around my area in ATL. I picked up a bottle, but I've yet to open it. PM me if you are searching for one.

Just a heads up to Maryland folk: I saw this in Baltimore for $69 today. Looked like there was plenty. Shoot me a PM if you want the location.

The rumoured difference is that the Act 2 and later batches spent less time in the port and french oak barrels--so the re-barreling influence will be milder. Not sure if this is true or born out by blind taste-tested. I can just say that I really enjoyed Act 2.2 and it's a bottle I keep going back to.

The rumoured difference is that the Act 2 and later batches spent less time in the port and french oak barrels--so the re-barreling influence will be milder. Not sure if this is true or born out by blind taste-tested. I can just say that I really enjoyed Act 2.2 and it's a bottle I keep going back to.

That's good to hear. I've been reluctant to purchase the newer batches and have been putting off opening my last batch 1.

As this is now being released nationally, curious if anyone has had a chance to taste multiple "Acts", and if so - if they've noticed any variation. Because if there is, we have to geek out to find out which is the BEST one, right? ;)

The best one is the one I have, 2.3 :cool:, and I'm going to buy another bottle for the bunker.

The best one is the one I have, 2.3 :cool:, and I'm going to buy another bottle for the bunker.

Picked up two bottles of 2.3. Good to see you agree.

I have 2.1 and I feel it is pretty heavy on the port. Very unique whiskey. I like it, but not sure I love it like others do.

I've got an act 1 that i just opened last weekend. Everyone agreed it was fantastic.

I'm picking up another bottle next month when I visit Illinois. Not sure what ACT it will be, but I'll have something to compare to ACT 1 when I get home.

I have a bottle on the way. Does it say the Act on the label?

Bottle in hand. Mine is 2.4. They also had some spelling trouble on the label, haha. dabc273625d47a9a5f6388fbc0698fae.jpg

I think Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd were in charge of the labels on that shift... :lol:

I tried 2.2 at Whiskey Fair and thought it was fantastic. I was told it was already in SC but I have yet to find any and the people at Ben Arnold don't seem to know what I am talking about.

post-5814-14489821650262_thumb.jpg

post-5814-14489821650262_thumb.jpg

Wasn't the f used in place of the current s in olde English?

It is an s. It is just an old form of writing it. It shows up in the Bill of Rights for example as shown on wiki. Basically a fanciful style of writing an italicized letter s in certain situations. They were referred to as a long s and short s.

It is an s. It is just an old form of writing it. It shows up in the Bill of Rights for example as shown on wiki. Basically a fanciful style of writing an italicized letter s in certain situations. They were referred to as a long s and short s.

Wait, so our founding fathers couldn't spell either?!

Wait, so our founding fathers couldn't spell either?!

So it would seem...

Very cool of High Weft to expand our worldlineff fo (with the helpful explanation by Tanftaafl2).

Edited by The Black Tot

I was on the fence on how good this whiskey really was until I gave it some air time. Make room for me on the bandwagon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.