Remembering when......

Yalc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I started getting into it more around 2014, and since then I haven't seen a bottle of Weller 12 at any price. I figured it would calm down by 2016, and I would just wait it out, but I was very wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2017 at 7:48 PM, b1gcountry said:

I started getting into it more around 2014, and since then I haven't seen a bottle of Weller 12 at any price. I figured it would calm down by 2016, and I would just wait it out, but I was very wrong.

I bet if you walked into "Scandalls" waving $200 bucks around, a bottle would appear real quick.

:)

They are near my house, and they have a good sale around Christmas, but yeah, I agree. They aren't my favorite place to shop. Dirt Cheap at least doesn't even pretend to cater to the high side of the market

On another note, I decided this week that my first taste of any Weller will be a WLW that I buy at retail.

3 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

On another note, I decided this week that my first taste of any Weller will be a WLW that I buy at retail

With that high bar, you may be waiting a long time

5 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

On another note, I decided this week that my first taste of any Weller will be a WLW that I buy at retail.

Just out of curiosity; Why?    Many others routinely enjoy one or more of the others in the family, while still waiting and hoping for the harder to find WLW.     Personally I wouldn't deny myself such enjoyment unless I had a pretty good reason.     And, just to mention it; WLW is a really nice dram; but so are the others... and waaaaay less expensive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.