Woodford Reserve copper bottle stopper

bmajazz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Copper stopper!

Ok, so this was a cool find today. The local store has a shopping cart full of tchotchkes that they clearly get from liquor distritubors. They practically give them away.

My little bag included two red globe-shaped Grand Marnier glasses, which resemble sippy cups for boozers. Also a Remy Martin stopper, and this little gem (for $0.99!!):

post-6795-14489821636419_thumb.jpg

It's a little copper still made up like a bottle stopper. It's made of copper, it's pretty heavy, has a nice Woodford Reserve logo on it, and it's really high quality. It's a heck of a lot nicer than the Remy stopper, which looks cheap and feels cheap by comparison. It's heavy enough that I'd almost be worried about it tipping a bottle over!!!

Anyone else have fun stoppers like this? I'm not a Woodford enthusiast per se, but I'll use the stopper for sure!

That is a very cool find! It loox to be well-designed with a slight taper to ensure a good seal, as well as the topper being made of apparently solid metal (if the weight is any indication).

...And, at a buck? How can you beat that? Ha! Just like a hard-boiled egg, I say! :slappin:

I wish I had a few of these. Nice to have something like that on-hand in case of busted corx, right?

I think that was included in last years holiday gift box but I could be wrong. Didn't get one but it does look cool. And a buck is really a good price. I would have bought several.

I think that was included in last years holiday gift box but I could be wrong. Didn't get one but it does look cool. And a buck is really a good price. I would have bought several.

If they had several, I would have bought them!

Yes, searching online found it as part of a gift set. Also, you can find them for about $20 from various "retailers", but I can't imagine paying $20 for this! That's bourbon bottle pricing there.

Edited by bmajazz

If they had several, I would have bought them!

Yes, searching online found it as part of a gift set. Also, you can find them for about $20 from various "retailers", but I can't imagine paying $20 for this! That's bourbon bottle pricing there.

Looks like these are available again this year. Just checked the NC ABC specials list for the month of November and it shows WR with stopper for $31.95 this month.

I got the horse head stopper a few years ago in a gift box of WR for Christmas. The bottle comes sealed with a regular cork, and the fancy stopper on the side. It's like some boxes come with a free glass or something.

• 3 years later...
On 10/25/2014 at 2:45 AM, bmajazz said:

Copper stopper!

Ok, so this was a cool find today. The local store has a shopping cart full of tchotchkes that they clearly get from liquor distritubors. They practically give them away.

My little bag included two red globe-shaped Grand Marnier glasses, which resemble sippy cups for boozers. Also a Remy Martin stopper, and this little gem (for $0.99!!):

It's a little copper still made up like a bottle stopper. It's made of copper, it's pretty heavy, has a nice Woodford Reserve logo on it, and it's really high quality. It's a heck of a lot nicer than the Remy stopper, which looks cheap and feels cheap by comparison. It's heavy enough that I'd almost be worried about it tipping a bottle over!!!

Anyone else have fun stoppers like this? I'm not a Woodford enthusiast per se, but I'll use the stopper for sure!

I would like to buy this item.  What is the selling price?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.