Which Water of Life did you Pass Up Today? Fall/Winter 2014

garbanzobean
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had an Oban 18 in hand but ended up putting it back to buy my first bottle of armagnac. DeLord 25 yr bas armagnac. Wasn't sure if it was worth the price, but my liquor guy recommended it as approachable but interesting and a good example of armagnac.

• 2 weeks later...

Passed on the new Springbank 17 Sherry Wood with baby blue label and box for $199, though considering it still.

Passed on the new Springbank 17 Sherry Wood with baby blue label and box for $199, though considering it still.

The fresh sherry one? I passed on it too, but it argued with me. And won. It's in my glass at the moment.

I believe it's a brand new release with all baby blue packaging/label - it's hard to miss. It's not the one with with the black packaging/label (with red letters) that's been around for awhile now. I'm not pulling the trigger just yet, but it's only a matter of time. How does it taste and is it worth the cost of admission?

I've been eyeing that 17 year single cask as well. It is part of a 3 cask release of CS single casks from Pacific Edge. There's a 17 year in fresh sherry, and an 18 and 19 year in refill butts.

I've been eyeing that 17 year single cask as well. It is part of a 3 cask release of CS single casks from Pacific Edge. There's a 17 year in fresh sherry, and an 18 and 19 year in refill butts.
The 17 year refill sherry single cask from a few years back is amazing. I'm sure all three of these will be just as good.

There are a bunch of 14 year old ones with different woods/finishes still on the shelves, never tried them though, not enough liver capacity. There were also a 15, 16 & the 17 which Trey mentioned. All from a few years back.

Passed on the 2010 CS Auchroisk for $139+shipping. For now, anyway . . . My spending money for this month was otherwise encumbered as a result of a rather controversial decision paper published over the weekend by the worst arm of the BATFE . . .

• 2 weeks later...

been passing up Yellow Spot for close to a month now. I really enjoy Green Spot but paying double for Yellow Spot just seems tough.

Passed on this:

http://www.lawhiskeysociety.com/whiskey-profile/976/Bowmore-1991-Dewar-Rattray-(number2062)

Not sure what its been doing on the shelf for all these years, but I feel like I've got enough cask strength peated whisky. Though I do want to give sherried Bowmore a chance at some point.

You'll have to order overseas but the 15yr Laimrig is a very nice sherry Bowmore, and a lot easier to find (and likely cheaper) than the Devil's Cask.

Online passes: Springbank 12 "green" and a store exclusive bottling of CS Dalmore 23 yr. I'm hoping the Springbank will be in Maryland before too long, and I'm trying not to spend anymore money on whisky that I'm not certain about for awhile. I do want to try Dalmore, but will probably wait. This price is right on that one, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Johnny Walker Green Label the new 2015 edition. $70.00+ I couldn't pull the trigger. I have a 1/3 of an older bottle tasting it now thinking og going back for one.

Ted

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.