Makers Mark Cigars

Speedy_John
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A friend of mine recently went to Kentucky and brought me back a Makers Mark cigar. Can anyone tell me what this cigar is like? I know it's Dominican. A little tag on the glass tube says it is "aromatically" infused with Makers Mark bourbon. The bourbon never actually touches the cigar. But, is it a good cigar?

Thanks, in advance.

SpeedyJohn

As you probably have noticed I'm not a cigar buff like Jeff and others but I have had a MM cigar while In KY at the festival and I thought it was nice. It burned fairly even and (I think I remember Jeff saying this was the sign of a good cigar) it stayed lit even after not puffing on it for a while. I didn't find it too overpowering as some cigars are (for me at elast) but honestly I didn't see where the heck the whole claim of 'infusing' it with MM came into play. To me the 'bourbon essence' was not present but that's not to say it wasn't there. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though! bandit.gif

My understanding is that they either hang the tobacco for these cigars over open bourbon barrels, or they age them in a bourbon rickhouse so they get some "contact" bourbon flavor. I have not had one of these, mostly because I think $9 is a little high for what is mostly a gimmick, but those I know who have tried them say they are nice enough. Light it up and let us know what you think bandit.gif

Mark & Jeff:

Thanks for the replies. I am not a cigar smoker, but I will light this one up sometime soon and post my impressions. BTW, what "type" of cigar is this? How would you classify it?

SpeedyJohn

I dont know much about those cigars except that they want $14 for them in the only shop I have seen them in in Ohio. The same shop had Opus X Perfexion 2 for $16. Given the buzz, I think if I am gonna spend that kinda money, I'll get the Opus X. For some reason I remember pepcycle posting that he wasnt impressed with them (something about them being a $2 cigar in an $8 tube), so that kinda put me off.

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.