2015 Kentucky Literary Award finalist

bourbonv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would have added this to the thread about my book but it is closed, so I guess i will create a new thread. My book, Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey: An American Heritage is a finalist for the 2015 Kentucky Literary Award. It is one of five books and is competing against books on Bar-b-que, horse racing, the frontier nursing service and medicine in eastern Kentucky. Tough competition and I am happy to just be a finalist.

Mike Veach

CONGATS! Mike, the historian in you must have really had it going writing this one, and it shows. Best luck; but as you noted it's a win to just be in the running. Better to be THE winner, if that comes to pass, though. You get my vote!

Congratulations, and your book certainly deserves to be in the running - a fine, fine history.

• 2 weeks later...

Your book deserves to be a finalist and winner! One of the few books I've reread and am getting ready to read it again.

Thanks for the kind words. The book is still selling well and I hope others enjoy it as much as the people here do. I also hope that it will inspire some young historian to do work in the field because there is a lot of research left to do.

Mike Veach

I'm pretty sure there's a copy under the tree. It's definitely a book, and the only other book on my wish list was Security Metrics: Replacing Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, which the wife said was not an appropriate Christmas gift, so...

Yes, there it was. A quick read (less than two hours) but an informative one. An ideal loaner to anyone I know becoming interested in the subject. Great job, Mr. Veach!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.