Grandpa's Still

rndenks
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I thought I would share this great Christmas gift I got this weekend. My dad cleaned up my Grandpa's old cooper still and gave it to me. Not sure on the full history of the still, but my dad said my Grandpa did use it to make moonshine.

While it's distilling days are over, it is sure to live on a nice shelf over looking my bourbon bunker!

post-9349-14489821840602_thumb.jpg

I thought I would share this great Christmas gift I got this weekend. My dad cleaned up my Grandpa's old cooper still and gave it to me. Not sure on the full history of the still, but my dad said my Grandpa did use it to make moonshine.

While it's distilling days are over, it is sure to live on a nice shelf over looking my bourbon bunker!

That's pretty sweet! Maybe, you're just the guy to bring it out of retirement?!

That is so freaking cool - nice piece of family history and wonderful that you'll enjoy having that connection.

Wow, does it have any markings on it. It looks like a professionally made small still. Usually, when I hear moonshine, I think of junk cobbled together. I wonder if it could be a salesman's sample. Very nice

P.S. I hope you know, if you make anything with that and tell other people, cops may come to your house. :skep:

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.