Jim Beam 90 proof green label rye.

ethangsmith
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This was all over Kentucky during Sampler but I didn't pick any up, assuming it would be in Michigan soon. No such luck so far, although it is on the list now.

None on the shelves yet though it's on the State list. I suspect distributors are holding back until the current stock of Yellow Label is depleted.

None on the shelves yet though it's on the State list. I suspect distributors are holding back until the current stock of Yellow Label is depleted.

That's exactly what the Southern Rep told me when I first asked about it.

• 1 month later...

I bought a bottle. Really disappointed. I am barely able to choke it down neat and it is just horrible over ice. I wanted something as a summer refresher over ice..aack it was rough, with sweet bananas, no spice. OGD is far superior as a "rye" even though it is a bourbon. I might end up pouring this one out..

Still no sightings in my neck of the boonies and from tasting reports that's not a bad thing.

Still no sightings in my neck of the boonies and from tasting reports that's not a bad thing.

I am a Beam fan in general, especially with their new products, but this one was a let down. I don't like KC Rye either.

Wow, might avoid buying a green label. I know a few places the yellow label is at.

As a differing opinion I will say that I really enjoy the green label Beam rye. I may have stated it earlier in this thread. It has become my go-to for Sazeracs when Sazerac rye is running in short supply (which is often).

As a differing opinion I will say that I really enjoy the green label Beam rye. I may have stated it earlier in this thread. It has become my go-to for Sazeracs when Sazerac rye is running in short supply (which is often).

That's one of the great things about this site. You can have a different opinion and not get blown out of the water by others.

Cheers to you and your rye and cheers to SB.com!

The funny thing is, I thought I would love it...you just never know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.