Bourbon and chocolate

LakeJ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Over the coarse of 13 yrs of enjoying the brown nectar i come to realize chocolate and bourbon pair well together. Junior mints and a good bourbon around 6- 10 yrs old paired together makes it seem like your drinking a mint julep. I'm a fan of dark chocolate and seems to pair well with longer aged bourbons like Stagg. Peanut m&m's seem to pair well with anything.

I recently had a slice of chocolate torte that was drizzled in a dark chocolate sauce along with a healthy pour of OGD 114 and I damn near shit my pants. I'm guessing just about any bourbon would have sufficed but the combination was amazing.

Agree with this. Like Recees so I get peanut butter too.

Best regards, Tony

Yes yes yes I totally agree. I forgot that one

I like the dark chocolate with bourbon; it seems to be a good palate prepper! I love Reeces, but haven't tried that. Straight (or neat?) peanut butter is too much for me - seems to dull my palate (although I love it!)

Any chocolate is great with any Bourbon; but my fave is Dove brand Dark with Henry McKenna 10-yr. SB. Amrbosia of the very nicest kind!

I normally don't like dark chocolate but I have found Costco's Dark Chocolate Almond Toffee to be a great pairing with bourbon. It really helps to cleanse the palate in between pours of different bourbons. And it is so good!

I normally don't like dark chocolate but I have found Costco's Dark Chocolate Almond Toffee to be a great pairing with bourbon. It really helps to cleanse the palate in between pours of different bourbons. And it is so good!

I concur about the Costco chocolate!

• 3 weeks later...

The first time I actually "paired" bourbon and chocolate was just a few nights ago. I had OGD114 with some of the Lindt Chili Excellence Bar. All the spices really worked well together. It was really good.

I concur about the Costco chocolate!

Their Kirkland brand chocolate peanut butter cups are great. I've never found Reese's appealing - the peanut butter is dry and grainy. The peanut butter in the Kirkland's, on the other hand, is actually gooey.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You really prefer the high-end stuff, Hershmeister. Their products look awesome; if only they weren't so expensive. Nonetheless, you certainly have excellent taste in chocolate.

They are well worth it. The dark chocolate bars are so rich you can only eat a few squares. Splurge and buy s maralumi dark chocolate bar. They're $10 shipped on amazon.

Tasting review (which is quite accurate)

http://onegoldenticket.blogspot.com/2010/12/review-michel-cluizel-maralumi-64.html?m=1

I once had a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie with OGDBIB at a whiskey bar and it went together perfectly. More recently, I tried some milk chocolate with WT101 and was surprised to find that it worked nicely.

Dark chocolate bourbon balls, and I dont know about anyone else but Knob Creek has a strong chocolate nose to me.

.... Peanut m&m's seem to pair well with anything.
They go great with spicy jalapeño potato chips! :yum:

I have never tried chocolate with bourbon or single malt. I do like it with an aged Port. Darn, none in the house.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a big jar of peanut m&m's that I keep in my bourbon cabinet. A handful of those with a glass of the good stuff is a match made in heaven.

• 3 weeks later...

Costco has dark chocolate covered walnuts (with pink salt), and paired with Maker's 46, it was simply awesome :toast: .

Costco has dark chocolate covered walnuts (with pink salt), and paired with Maker's 46, it was simply awesome :toast: .

I picked up some lindt dark tonight: 70% and chile, having some 70% with WSR:OGD114 and omg, so awesome

edit: the red chile version is absolutely amazing, going back to kroger tomorrow for more of both

Edited by fozzy71

I picked up some lindt dark tonight: 70% and chile, having some 70% with WSR:OGD114 and omg, so awesome

edit: the red chile version is absolutely amazing, going back to kroger tomorrow for more of both

The plain was obv better with bourbon than the spicy chile but that was amazing in it's own way. So amazing I grabbed more of each and a couple other flavors today. So much for trying to lose weight....

X4jxnkZ.png

Sort of chocolate and bourbon.... I got to try a Smoked Chocolate Sazerac on the weekend.... It's a Sazerac made with chocolate bitters, white cacao and smoked chocolate fog. It comes with a square of dairy milk chocolate to enhance the flavor. Superb!

post-563-14489822634143_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.