Bourbon and chocolate

LakeJ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

^^^^That looks pretty freaking awesome Cam!^^^^

I'm much more boring that you... I keep chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe's in the pantry and often enjoy a few with my bourbon and/or rye's.

Sort of chocolate and bourbon.... I got to try a Smoked Chocolate Sazerac on the weekend.... It's a Sazerac made with chocolate bitters, white cacao and smoked chocolate fog. It comes with a square of dairy milk chocolate to enhance the flavor. Superb!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21314[/ATTACH]

Now THAT's a cocktail!! And, a great use of chocolate!

:toast:

Now THAT's a cocktail!! And, a great use of chocolate!

:toast:

I thought of you as it came out Joe.... That it'd be a great picture to have SmokinJoe drinking a Smoking Sazerac! :)

• 2 months later...

I am snacking on bite size "Caramel Apple" Milky Way bars, and sippin' WT RRSBSmB and I'm thinking I might finish both the bag and the bottle in one sitting. Holy Fall Season and A Cool Night, this pairing is delicious! :yum:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife enjoys making cookies for the holidays. And, either my wife or I makes fudge too. Well…… I just found out that chocolate fudge and MMCS compliment each other rather nicely. :P

Ho! Ho! Ho! Joe

• 3 weeks later...

As a newbie scotch drinker, years ago, I was introduced to a wonderful pairing that is still one of my favorites.  Balvenie 15yo and warm chocolate chip cookies.   I am now primarily a bourbon drinker and I have taken this pairing into my bourbon as well and it never disappoints, especially when Paired with a full body Cask Strength such as GTS.  

When my sweet tooth calls out, I also pair my bourbon with dark chocolate, Chocolate brownies and in the summer a nice 4RSB and vanilla ice cream really hits the spot. 

Dark chocolate covered pecans with any bourbon or rye never fails...  so much so that I just had to get up for a quick run into the kitchen! 

Included a few pieces of Toblerone between sipping's this evening. Nothing seemed anywhere close to out of place with EWSB, JBBIB, or VOB. Of course then I had to go ruin it all with some UTZ Kettle Classics Old Style Salt & Malt Vinegar potato chips. Damn those things are addictive!

• 3 weeks later...

Woo Hoooooooo!!!!!!  Scored  Pappiez X 2 at MSRP In Winston-Salem.  Left 4 on the shelf for the next guy!  Couldn't wait to share pic with group, so took it in parking lot.  

Going to save these for a special occasion, or sell/trade for other Unicorns...

image.jpg

9 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Woo Hoooooooo!!!!!!  Scored  Pappiez X 2 at MSRP In Winston-Salem.  Left 4 on the shelf for the next guy!  Couldn't wait to share pic with group, so took it in parking lot.  

Going to save these for a special occasion, or sell/trade for other Unicorns...

image.jpg

I'd start making offers, but don't want the admins all up in my business ;)  Look freaking amazing!

20 hours ago, darylld911 said:

I'd start making offers, but don't want the admins all up in my business ;)  Look freaking amazing!

It IS AMAZING!!!!   I now know why.  A friend pointed out to me that these were from the legendary and epic YU cocoa warehouse!  Epic and legendary...since August chocolate blogger post saying it was!!!  

• 1 month later...

Damndest thing tonight. I'd been eating some 86% Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolate before having a pour of 2012 GTS and got a fairly strong taste of tobacco in the finish after the first sip. Sort of like a light to medium strength cigar. It only happened for the one sip, then the GTS's strength took over and I never noticed it again.

• 1 month later...

One time a year or two ago, I was at a whiskey bar with some friends and colleagues.  I was having a glass of Woodford, and I felt like having some chocolate with it.  Fortunately, they had chocolate chips, and that went well.

On 2/7/2015 at 8:25 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I normally don't like dark chocolate but I have found Costco's Dark Chocolate Almond Toffee to be a great pairing with bourbon. It really helps to cleanse the palate in between pours of different bourbons. And it is so good!

mbroo is on point with the comment that chocolate clears the palate when doing side-by-side sequential tasting.  At least for me, it completely wipes out taste of the prior sample.  Odd that it should have that effect.  Perhaps not on everyone.

• 1 year later...

This is so good it's almost not fair...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Joe that looks incredibly tasty.  Our Kroger sells dark chocolate covered dried cranberries in bulk.  I really enjoy munching on those while sipping some good bourbon.  You ought to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 7:03 PM, smokinjoe said:

This is so good it's almost not fair...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah, I am with Kevin.  Those look incredible.  I will have to look for them.  Although, I doubt I will be lucky enough to find them.  I do enjoy dark chocolate, caramel, toffee with bourbon. We shop Costco so I used to end up with a chocolate/toffee that they no longer carry.  Now, I opt for a dark chocolate and caramel.  It is a great palate cleanser and tastes soooooo good.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I had a pour of Pikesville Rye 110 to wash down two scoops of Moose Tracks ice cream. It was a wonderful combination and a perfect way to wind down after a hot weekend. 

• 7 months later...

I see dark chocolate, nuts, peanuts, and raisins mentioned in this thread.  I'm glad to learn I'm not too "lowbrow" for this group!  I like all of the above too, so I buy a package of bridge mix and keep a little dish handy while I sip.  Lots of great flavors.  Plus, if you happen to buy or receive a less-than-stellar bottle of hooch, the bridge mix helps you get through it.

• 2 weeks later...

We make chocolate raisin cookies flavored with Bourbon and coffee. They are sooo tasty for breakfast with coffee, and Bourbon and coffee and cookies and Bourbon and coffee...

• 1 month later...

Made my first batch of "bourbon fudge" for the Sampler, and thought it turned out pretty well (it disappeared, which is a good sign!)  Only an idiot would mess with a good thing, so in full transparency - got to trying a slight variation on the next batch (using a bit more chocolate AND bourbon).  The first batch I thought was solid "fudge", but I didn't get as much bourbon flavor, so hoping the consistency doesn't get screwed up.  

• I like it 1

Whoda' thunk it!!!

Jefferson's Reserve & Chocolate Moon Pies. I did not really care for the Jeff on its own but the m-pie did it...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.