1 gallon Old Fitgerald Bottle

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Visited an antique mall yesterday with my Dad for the day.. and found one of these..attachment.php?attachmentid=20251&stc=1, this is not the exact one, but it was the same and it was in perfect condition, but I passed on it... as cool as it was I just didn't have the space to display it, my question is , does anyone know about what year these are..we guessed around late 60's early 70's,just by the wood. Also passed on one of these.. a four roses bottle from 1949....attachment.php?attachmentid=20255&stc=1 (again not the exact one)it was in good shape but missing the cap. I did end up with this though..attachment.php?attachmentid=20256&stc=1 1953 or so. That I had some room for. There was also a nice 4 roses clock there.

post-10789-14489821992609_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489821994471_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489821994724_thumb.jpg

I used to have one of the Old Fitz in the stand. My uncle worked for Stitzell/Weller for years. In fact he retired from there and had a lot of cool things. He kept me well stocked in my teens.

I believe the bottle had the Federal law thing on the bottom so that would place it before 1964? The wood and screws sure did not look to be from that period though.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Oklahoma on business and went to a few off-the-beaten-path stores and saw one of the gallon Old Fitz bottles, unopened with a great fill level. It was behind the counter up on a shelf all by itself. I asked how much it cost, and the worker said it wasn't for sale. Apparently when the owner opened the liquor store, his parents had this bottle in their attic and thought it would make a nice decoration in the store, so they keep it there. I really don't think they realize the value of it.

Man that would have been a really nice find! I'd keep that store in mind and visit it when the boss is in, and work on him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.