EH Taylor Cured Oak

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Word here in Virginia is that our state (ABC controlled) got 15 cases. They went fast!! None were left/available after a few days earlier this week. I managed to get a case, and gave a few to buddies here. I must say, I'm an EHT fan, but this one was bold and different. Very tasty. And the wooden box was pretty cool to get too :) I'll either save the extra bottles for my collection, or trade one off. Well worth the $68/ea...

And Mardbrown, I loved your taste review. Excellent.. My palate is still developing, so I'm not the best at reviews. :) I had a hardywood earlier, so my tastes are off a bit anyway :)

Yes sir. I was told the state got 90 bottles. I'm working on trying to get a wooden case from my store. I got 3 bottles and am very happy about it. It is delicious.

I'm having a hardywood bourbon sidamo stout right this very minute.

Cool. If I hear of anything interesting going on around here (a few of us have a watch group that covers this area, Shen Valley, and up to WVa and MD), I'll be glad to let you know. I'm transitioning (slowly) from double IPAs and bourbon to (hopefully) more full-time bourbon for various reasons.. I'm guessing we see alot of the same stuff in our stores though :)

Word here in Virginia is that our state (ABC controlled) got 15 cases. They went fast!! None were left/available after a few days earlier this week. I managed to get a case, and gave a few to buddies here. I must say, I'm an EHT fan, but this one was bold and different. Very tasty. And the wooden box was pretty cool to get too :) I'll either save the extra bottles for my collection, or trade one off. Well worth the $68/ea...

And Mardbrown, I loved your taste review. Excellent.. My palate is still developing, so I'm not the best at reviews. :) I had a hardywood earlier, so my tastes are off a bit anyway :)

This may be a stupid question but how many bottles to a case? Same as wine, 12 bottles? I thought maybe for Bourbon, it was 3 bottles in a case. Reason being, I recall earlier in the year hunting for Pappy and I stumbled on a retailer that had a bunch in the back room. They were 3 bottles to a white box.

Thanks

This may be a stupid question but how many bottles to a case? Same as wine, 12 bottles? I thought maybe for Bourbon, it was 3 bottles in a case. Reason being, I recall earlier in the year hunting for Pappy and I stumbled on a retailer that had a bunch in the back room. They were 3 bottles to a white box.

Thanks

Yea, there's very little consistency in the bourbon industry with this unfortunately. Top shelf stuff generally seems to be 3 to a case, and the farther down the shelf you go it seems the more bottles to a case there are (6-12). I haven't seen any Cured Oak yet, but I'd guess these are 3 to a case.

Yea, there's very little consistency in the bourbon industry with this unfortunately. Top shelf stuff generally seems to be 3 to a case, and the farther down the shelf you go it seems the more bottles to a case there are (6-12). I haven't seen any Cured Oak yet, but I'd guess these are 3 to a case.

Thanks dcbt.

I was reading reddit and came across the answer. For Cured Oak, looks like 6 to a case.

Turns out, only 711 cases were produced. (Comes from reddit - BT bottling line worker).

Must find a bottle ASAP.

Thanks dcbt.

I was reading reddit and came across the answer. For Cured Oak, looks like 6 to a case.

Turns out, only 711 cases were produced. (Comes from reddit - BT bottling line worker).

Must find a bottle ASAP.

I heard that one chain in KY was only getting 3 bottles for ALL of their stores. Unsure if that is fact or fiction, but not good for finding any nonetheless.

6 per case with this bourbon. Or at least that's true with this stuff (and the other cases I've seen)..

And I'm not sure I'd trade a case (6) of CuredOak for a case of pappy (3).. I'd trade 2 of these for a pappy 23 maybe...Just my opinion..

Edited by jtlcville

Sigh....I'm never going to get this in Wisconsin. And it's already hitting 300 on the fb pages. F

Stay optimistic. The people on the FB pages can be a little hasty.

Sigh....I'm never going to get this in Wisconsin. And it's already hitting 300 on the fb pages. F

fb pages? What's that?

fb pages? What's that?

yeah. That's what I figured but I checked and didn't find anything.

Korn, can you provide a link?

My case of 6...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20519[/ATTACH]

I love that case. And for some odd reason I really want one. But I know it will be one of those things that ends up collecting dust for me.

Probably one of the closed bourbon facebook groups (bourbon exchange, etc).

If you guys lived closer, I'd have you all over to try some of this stuff...

Yea I have a 9 yr old son, and thought he might like it (that box), but he hardly noticed it.. BT is selling the boxes on their on-line gift store for $100 now too.. I'd trade that box for a good bottle probably, if down the road somebody offered :) Right now, I've stashed 3 bottles in it in hopes that I forget about them for a while :)

I'm holding out hope but based on what I'm reading here, I'm a week behind on the VA allocation. I was focused on tracking down the Small Batch, I overlooked this release.

Anyone heard if this has hit Texas yet, or if it is going to? Were usually behind by a couple weeks.

Anyone heard if this has hit Texas yet, or if it is going to? Were usually behind by a couple weeks.

At least. Sometimes months. It hasn't hit TX yet...

So I just got off the phone with a major retailer in NJ who informed me that his bottles of Cured Oak were recalled. Reason - the label was never registered with the state liquor authority. He got 6 bottles, sold 3 and distributor came back to pick up the remaining 3. He says he gets them back on May 1st.

He also mentioned that his waiting list for 400 deep. Ugh.

My goodness.

Not sure where you are, but the Houston area seems to receive inventory first for the big chains. Hoping to stubble across a bottle, but seems bleak with the numbers being reported :/

Not sure where you are, but the Houston area seems to receive inventory first for the big chains. Hoping to stubble across a bottle, but seems bleak with the numbers being reported :/

I'm in Houston also. Spec's Smith street wasn't even aware of it (or he was lying to me), and the distributor for EHT wasn't in the store to ask.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.