What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2015?

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Welcoming spring with a nice pour of HW MWND. Gonna be sad to see this bottle go, but glad samples from other batches have been just as delicious!

Welcoming spring with a nice pour of HW MWND. Gonna be sad to see this bottle go, but glad samples from other batches have been just as delicious!
Some MWND for me as well on a snowy first day of Spring.

I was a local liquor store yesterday and noticed they had a few of these. Not sure which act, etc...

Price was $85. May have to pick up a bottle to see what the fuss is all about.

I was a local liquor store yesterday and noticed they had a few of these. Not sure which act, etc...

Price was $85. May have to pick up a bottle to see what the fuss is all about.

I wouldn't say that MWND is incredibly subtle or complex, but I do think it is absolutely delicious. I find it to be dangerously drinkable.

I wouldn't say that MWND is incredibly subtle or complex, but I do think it is absolutely delicious. I find it to be dangerously drinkable.

Couldn't agree more - delicious and drinkable are definitely words that come to mind! Speaking of which . . . back at the MWND tonight!

Couldn't agree more - delicious and drinkable are definitely words that come to mind! Speaking of which . . . back at the MWND tonight!
Yeah, I think I'll be having a snort or two tonight. It is the fruit punch of rye whiskies for me. And I mean that in a completely complimentary way.

Yeah, I think I'll be having a snort or two tonight. It is the fruit punch of rye whiskies for me. And I mean that in a completely complimentary way.
Having a second large pour, since the first went down so well. I have to say, High West does their finishes better than the majority of scotch whisky producers. I honestly regret not buying 3-4 bottles of this, because I can't think of an easier drinking, more pleasurable whiskey to enjoy than MWND. I hope this year's release tastes as good, because I will absolutely remedy that mistake.

Nice pour of some BMH 18yr rye. Only one or two pours left (although thankful for every last drop!)

Having a couple HW Double Ryes. It is really hitting the spot tonight for some reason.

Having a couple HW Double Ryes. It is really hitting the spot tonight for some reason.

Nice pour of Whistlepig from a recently cracked bottle I bought a couple years ago when it first hit Georgia. I've bashed WP as much as anyone, but this is pretty great.

Nice pour of some BMH 18yr rye. Only one or two pours left (although thankful for every last drop!)

Nice pour of Whistlepig from a recently cracked bottle I bought a couple years ago when it first hit Georgia. I've bashed WP as much as anyone, but this is pretty great.

Whistlepig is deceptively marketed and probably somewhat overpriced - but regardless of that - it's damn fine rye whiskey

Yes, WP is the rye I really wanted most to hate, but ultimately can't.

If the production sources of VWFRR had kept cranking, maybe we wouldn't now have to go to the dark side... perhaps the new Pikesville or Up-proofed Russell's Reserve can save us...

Yes, WP is the rye I really wanted most to hate, but ultimately can't.

If the production sources of VWFRR had kept cranking, maybe we wouldn't now have to go to the dark side... perhaps the new Pikesville or Up-proofed Russell's Reserve can save us...

(In my best Ronald Reagan) Well... I'm depending on the Rittenpig/Whistlehouse (whatever you want to call it) to save me tonight. I whipped up another vat earlier this week and couldn't stand it any longer. I'm about three fingers in and all I can say is it smells like cotton candy and tastes like heaven.

(In my best Ronald Reagan) Well... I'm depending on the Rittenpig/Whistlehouse (whatever you want to call it) to save me tonight. I whipped up another vat earlier this week and couldn't stand it any longer. I'm about three fingers in and all I can say is it smells like cotton candy and tastes like heaven.

Since I've been offshore since you inspired the Rittlepig blend, I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

However, I am already plotting to take things to the next level.

Suffice it to say, the upcoming release of the 110 proof Pikesville rye shall introduce Rittlepig's big brother Whistleville! #ONAMISSION

I have a 3/4 bottle blend of Whistlehouse on the shelf right now that's been mingling for a few weeks and is now ready for consumption.

Since I've been offshore since you inspired the Rittlepig blend, I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

However, I am already plotting to take things to the next level.

Suffice it to say, the upcoming release of the 110 proof Pikesville rye shall introduce Rittlepig's big brother Whistleville! #ONAMISSION

I have no doubt that it will be stellar, as I've pretty much come to the conclusion that you can blend anything with RH rye and it will be good.:grin:

I have a 3/4 bottle blend of Whistlehouse on the shelf right now that's been mingling for a few weeks and is now ready for consumption.

I look forward to your impressions Steve. Aside, please accept my condolences on the loss of your family pet.

Last evening, some Ritt BIB 354. Still outstanding rye, and glad I have several 354's in the bunker.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!