What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2015?

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a pour of Rittenhouse. Good n spicy.

edit: templeton now, ritt is so much nicer, about half the price and not an NDP.

Edited by fozzy71

Having a pour of Rittenhouse. Good n spicy.

Just cracked my first bottle of Ritt last week and LOVE the amount of spice. I have not yet tried it in an old fashioned but probably will tonight.

LS&B, this would be an everyday pour @ $50 but at $100 it's just not 5 times better than RITTBIB.

Last pour of a Redemption 10 yr barrel proof. Ten years of dill pickle MGPI goodness at 110 proof. :grin:

Just finished up three fingers of a 50/50 Rittlepig blend. It's a big sweet licorice candy note, quickly followed by spice, dry wood and more spice! It had been too long...

Brought out the Fleischmann's for a change of pace today, then some Baby Saz

I had an old fashioned today..first one ever...from Red Robin. Tasted like a watered down pour of Makers. The bartender smashed a slice of orange in a mixing glass with ice and what I think was simple surrip, a good pour of Makers and a cherry on top. It was very meh.

Just had a pour of a 50:50 vatting I made of templeton rye and fighting cock the other day. The more I try rye the more I realize how much I prefer straight bourbon. :/

Tried the new release of WT101 Rye at whiskey bar here in town....nothing to write home about. I'd rather drink Rittenhouse.

Had some MWND Act 2.7 last night. This bottle is getting low and will be the next one to go.

Had a couple of pours of Rittenhouse, first time for me. I have been drinking Dicklel. I find the taste to be very similar, with lots of Rye Spice, but the Rittenhouse seems smoother to me. Hell, it's almost $10 less than Dickel. I am thinking that it will replace my love of Dickel.

I'm about 1/4 way through my first bottle of SAOS rye 7yr. Definitely my favorite MGPI rye so far, most likely due to more age than Redemption, Dickel, and Bulleit. This just might be my all time favorite rye up to this point.

Back to the VWFRR tonight. Clingy legs and a nose to die for.

I just fear that nobody will every make a rye like this again.

B

Back to the VWFRR tonight. Clingy legs and a nose to die for.

I just fear that nobody will every make a rye like this again.

B

B, is that a more recent "C" bottle or and older one?

I'm about 1/4 way through my first bottle of SAOS rye 7yr. Definitely my favorite MGPI rye so far, most likely due to more age than Redemption, Dickel, and Bulleit. This just might be my all time favorite rye up to this point.

I also enjoy this rye. If you haven't tried it yet I recommend you pick up a bottle of JEP1776. Another MGPI rye that I really enjoy and they don't hide the fact where it comes from.

Recent. 2012 bottle if I remember how to read the code correctly.

5654e8006a1e40e42eeaea49e84fbb74.jpg

Yep, you got it. 2012 on the 111th day of the year at 6:52 on bottling line M.

The name Rittlepig is awesome

In advance of the release of Pikesville Rye, I'm pre-sb.com-patenting the name of the higher proof, higher age version, "Whistleville".

A cold night in NJ calls for MWND Act 2.7. Also, trying to consolidate open bottles. This one has a few pours left.

Small pour of a lovely 7yr SAOS rye picked up last Sept. Big citrus coming out tonight - reminding more of Redemption BP tonight than on previous nights. Which ain't a bad thing :)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!