What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Brought out a classic WLW 126.6 over a small amount of crushed ice.

Welcome spring!

Thank You for starting this one.

Bookers Small Batch Barrel Proof 6-8 Yr. Old (Batch C04-A-28) (128.6 Proof)

Curiosity got me and picked up a Forged Oak, local store had 3 or 4 of them. I will have to say this is an excellent bourbon. Strong vanilla/caramel. Tastes like a more balanced EC12 to me.

Hitting all the major food groups this evening required some bourbon, so GBS OBSK fit the bill - and oh how it fit it. @#$% damn, this is a fantastic whiskey!

Sipping on some BT as we get another 6 inches of snow on the first day of spring. Really looking forward to some actual spring weather

A generous soul sent me a sample of ETL Comm so I am doing a blind tasting with it and the standard ETL as a pre game warmup before the Badgers kick off their NCAA tourney run for 2015!

Trying JTS Brown BIB tonight for the first time. Reminds me a lot of Mellow Corn BIB. Not as sweet, but still with a young corn flavor coming through.

Four Roses 100th Aniv. This bottle has been a low fill for some time, and I am happily enjoying the last pull from it. Maybe, 17yr OBSV never goes bad ?!!?! :D

It was a loooooong week. Didn't even have time for a pour. But it's Friday and Spring (although it's snowing here in NY).

Starting out with OGD 114. Man, this brings a ton of heat.

May have to follow up with some FRSB store select OBSV. If I like, I am definitely going back to pick up some for the bunker. At $34.99, it's a no brainer.

ECBP after a long week.

After reading here about higher proof I have found I like the barrel proof offerings. Bookers, Stagg Jr and the ECBP are in my regular rotation.

A little standard 4R Sb followed with a pour of ECBP.

Will, what's the year on the WLW. I don't remember what proof with what year.

Except the 117 proof was 2006. My think?

Back on the 4RSiB train. With my palate back on track I'm going all in on this one while it's tasting good. Last week all I got from it was rye mint. This week it's balanced. This is the bourbon I remember and I like it.

What the heck, it's Friday night so I can have another pour. This one is Stagg Jr. batch 3. I mixed it up this time and only added a little water instead of BT or OC8. Dang! This is fantastic with a splash of water. Previous batches needed to have the harshness tempered by the lower proof mashbill siblings. Batch 3 on the other hand works just fine with water. I'm impressed.

Started the night with some JPS17 and a nightcap pour of BTEC Giant French Oak.

Small barrels may not work, but I taste the benefit of larger barrels for long periods in this one!

B

A little standard 4R Sb followed with a pour of ECBP.

Will, what's the year on the WLW. I don't remember what proof with what year.

Except the 117 proof was 2006. My think?

I think the 126.6 is fro 2006 and 117.9 from 2007.

Angel's Envy last night . . . this one has been hanging around for a while . . . trying to make room for something else.

Doing a little blind sbs with some 2012 SmBLE and GBS OBSK. While not difficult to identify blind, I'm more impressed with how well the OBSK fares. I mean - it doesn't win, but I envisioned this being a complete blow-out, and it wasn't that either. Either way, I win :D

Long day yesterday. I drank enthusiastically last night.

Bookers, then FRSB, then the oft derided Forged Oak which I still insist that I like. Then a great night of sleep. :)

Watching some basketball after an afternoon of working. Going to finally crack open the EHT Barrel proof I picked up a couple of months ago...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!