What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Decided to crack open the OWA107 to start....

GTBDYQ6.png

Edited by fozzy71

Had a pour of Angels Envy. Very smooth, but a little sweet.

I luv AE but none on the shelf so cracked open the OGD100 after a few pours of the OWA

bt4uX9l.png

Picked up my first dusty's today in the form of four bottles of HMcKenna BIB from 2001 with the old felt labels. Opened a bottle from barrel 780 bottled on 9/28/2001. Well into it now and enjoying every pour

After finishing a bottle of standard 4R single barrel, I figured there was no better way to follow that up than with a PS single barrel. Soooo, a 9yr 4mo OBSK it is. Sublime. This reminds me why I'm in the cult.

More Kentucky Spirit for me tonight. Gotta do something positive on a Monday!

Is this a regular for you or are you just trying it out? I liked this one a lot but couldn't justify the upcharge over Rare Breed. That said, I'm not opposed to revisiting it!

can we go back to the Winter thread? snowed almost 6" here yesterday so I decided to try the bottom shelf pours with some OGD114 and VOB6BiB. tried the VOB6 for the first time and it's a pretty decent drink for the low price of $13. I haven't touched the OGD114 since I first opened it a few weeks ago and I didn't like it very much, tasted like cardboard to me. tried it again on the first sip after pouring it... felt like it was pretty much the same. gave it a few minutes to sit in a rocks glass, and wow, did it impress after sitting for a little bit.

It was a second Monday on Tuesday at work today so it calls for opening up another bottle of 4RSB OBSV. I think it's the high rye mashbill (55%) that makes this so delicious to me.

Started with a Bernheim wheat whisky, followed by mellow corn. Very different, but both good.

Starting with some EW 1783 10yr. Had this bottle open for a few years now, and haven't visited it in a while. It wasn't really up my alley at first, but liking this pour more than any other from this bottle.

Revisited a bottle of OF Sig tonight that I haven't touched in months.... And really enjoyed it.

Don't get me wrong there are better pours in that price point but sold me on getting another.

Contemplatively sipping again on a pour of recently purchased NAS 1792. After a couple of weeks and ~1/2 through the bottle, I can state emphatically that the rumors of its demise in quality are greatly exaggerated. This is fine whiskey that oozes classic Barton notes of cereal grain and faint dried flowers, with a nice oak backbone. Finish is a touch short, and it certainly isn't a big boomer of a bourbon, but the nose is lovely and it has a wonderful silkiness over the palate. Repeat buy for me.

EC 12 again. Still glad the masses don't grab more of this. Has to be the best available 12 yr under $28.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!